Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now that Apple Stores are beginning to receive more reliable Apple Pencil shipments, some early adopters of the iPad Pro have been able to purchase the accessory over the past week and put it to the test.

Many of those iPad Pro users have been sharing their work in the MacRumors discussion forums, and many of the drawings posted have been very creative. Below is a gallery of some of the sketches shared.

Giraffe and Hippo -- markol88

Hippo-Giraffe-Apple-Pencil.jpg

Manga -- vincentriemer

D1.jpg

Nike Shoes -- snugja

D4.jpg

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: iPad Pro Artists Share Apple Pencil Drawings

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
some of those are incredible, they look like genuine-pencil drawn art. i had faith the apple pencil was excellent but this impresses me all over again. I think the high price of the pencil might be high, but is somewhat validated by the technology they're using to produce a tool that can create these results.

Reactions: goomba478

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
I know alot of you are going to hate me for this, but a friend who's been using Wacom products for 7+ years tells me it is alot better than anything Wacom has to offer in terms of accuracy and shading.

He says he will combine it with astropad
I'm actually really interested in the opinions of the Wacom crowd, because this could easily replace the Wacom Cintiq Companion for like half the price.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I finally made it to an Apple Store today and tried it out. I'm really impressed! The weight and feel of the pencil is perfect, and it was very responsive in Adobe Sketch. I tried writing as if it was a notebook and it actually looked like my handwriting! :eek:

My only disappointment and fear is that it is and will remain an iPad Pro exclusive. The iPad Pro is great at a table, but it felt kind of ridiculous standing there and browsing the web. I was getting the blank edges on webpages like when you go full screen on a 2560p monitor!

Apple Pencil + iPad Air size = heaven (for me, anyway)

Last edited:

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
some of those are incredible, they look like genuine-pencil drawn art. i had faith the apple pencil was excellent but this impresses me all over again. I think the high price of the pencil might be high, but is somewhat validated by the technology they're using to produce a tool that can create these results.

Agreed. And it's greener, also. For every 170,000 Apple Pencils sold we save a tree...

http://www.treehugger.com/culture/2-billion-pencils-and-a-school-supply-quandary.html

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
Here we go, eventually Apple start using these images on their marketing. Some really talented people, professionals and some aspiring artists. But the real target market are the wannabes and Apple care less about professionals. Obviously that's where Apple is going after the money, it's a business after all. Will this creativity inspire others? Yes! But those who succeed are few and Apple just ignore them and continue use them for marketing purposes. They will eventually change platform and tools because Apple will not provide or support them. Which doesn't really matter because whatever tools they use they're just good no matter what.
I really hope I'm wrong with this. But Apple has neglected professionals for quite some time now except for marketing. This is the very reason they never promised anything so much about the future of iPad Pro. Tim Cook and his team just keep telling us the screen is big and beautiful like no other. That it is ideal for reading and watching movies and the stereo speakers is so much better. They first introduced to a bunch of media personalities and do some crappy doodling and ask what they think. All of them claim how bad they draw and they said this is so much better than any other device they used. But then again I hope I'm wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.