Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Feenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
Hi guys. I figured this was a good place to post as it is a more focused forum of iPad (Pro) users.

Anyone else noticing really extensive battery drain when not using the device at all?

Basically, I used to have an Air (1) and it felt, more or less, like it would be (battery-wise) at about the same place it was when I last left it, even if I didn't touch it for a week or more.

iPad Pro felt like it was always lower when I got it open the next morning. So I've been doing a test.

The last 24 hours I have not touched it at all. Background App Refresh is off. Screen is dim (why would that matter for standby, but whatever I figured it wouldn't hurt) and Bluetooth is off.

In the last less than 24 hours it has depleted OVER 20%. Gone from 50-something to 33%.

At this rate it would take less than 5 days (for a fully charged iPad) of sitting on my nightstand not EVER being touched for it to be completely dead.

Anyone else experiencing this at all?

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
I have the exact same problem, I was expecting closer to 30 days standby, as most of the iOS devices

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Check the battery usage. It will tell you how much foreground (on screen) and background time each app is using.

Cordorb

macrumors regular
May 8, 2010
make sure you touch the watch face in Battery ( right -center) under setting menu so you see the time each app was running. That will give you more information.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
make sure you touch the watch face in Battery ( right -center) under setting menu so you see the time each app was running. That will give you more information.

Touching anywhere in the table shows it too.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
Mine is right on par with mini 2, 4, iPad Air 1 & 2. I didn't use mine today at all. It's 2am. I unplugged all iPads yesterday morning around eight (AM) so 18 hours of standby and no drainage of the battery
I'll try to use it for an hour or so and see if there's a precipitous drop and report back. May be later in the weekend. Getting tired tonight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.