Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipottersmith

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
Does anyone have Beta 1 installed on their 12.9" iPad Pro? How is the performance? I use it as a secondary work device and would like to test on it, but it's just integral enough to my workflow that I can't jump in willy- nilly, and I haven't seen anyone talking about the Pro in regards to the beta on these forums or elsewhere.

danieldavis3643

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
I was thinking about doing this... But I love my pro too much to risk it! Would love to hear if anyone has had success with this build!

PilotTiny

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom
I installed the beta on my phone last night and was going to keep my Pro on iOS 9, however this morning I bit the bullet and installed it. Seems okay so far, with the odd bugs here and there, but nothing major. :)

ipottersmith

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
I installed the beta on my phone last night and was going to keep my Pro on iOS 9, however this morning I bit the bullet and installed it. Seems okay so far, with the odd bugs here and there, but nothing major. :)
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Do you use Apple Pencil or any creative apps? And if so have you encountered any issues with them?

PilotTiny

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Do you use Apple Pencil or any creative apps? And if so have you encountered any issues with them?
I don't have any Apple accessories for it, but I do use the Logitech Create backlit keyboard. So far no problems, better could be a little better though. The device seems to heat up a lot when plugged in, although this is the same for my 6S.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I don't have any Apple accessories for it, but I do use the Logitech Create backlit keyboard. So far no problems, better could be a little better though. The device seems to heat up a lot when plugged in, although this is the same for my 6S.

Shouldn't surprise anyone the device (any iOS device) gets hot when plugged in after system upgrade.

Check out photos for example...When you first install no people are identified, it says it will index faces in your library when plugged in, so for the first few charging cycles it is chewing away at face/person identification x thousands (or for me, tens of thousands) of photos in my cloud library)

I installed 10b1 on my 12" pro, works great. One respring and nothing bad since...Very stable.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
Installed it yesterday as well on my 12" Pro. Works fine. Haven't tried any creative apps or Pencil though. FB crashes...no resprings yet.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I have it installed on the 9.7 inch and it runs fine for an early beta. Some bugs here and there but I'm going to report them and tough it out.

ipottersmith

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
Took the plunge and it works great! Very few bugs, most of them are occasional wonky animations, but no real problems so far at all. Definitely the most stable iOS Beta 1 I've ever tested. Oh, and the Apple Pencil works great! The first stroke in Procreate lags slightly, but then it clears up. I'm loving it so far!

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
Took the plunge and it works great! Very few bugs, most of them are occasional wonky animations, but no real problems so far at all. Definitely the most stable iOS Beta 1 I've ever tested. Oh, and the Apple Pencil works great! The first stroke in Procreate lags slightly, but then it clears up. I'm loving it so far!

I've been using it on my 12.9 iPad Pro too, and have had zero issues. I'm actually shocked as well, by far the most stable beta I've used, and I've used tons over the years. I wonder if it's just the massive horsepower that the iPad Pro has, that masks any performance issues. But all apps are working fine, used my pencil all day (as I typically do) in OneNote and again had no problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.