Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
I have an iPad Pro and iPhone 5S. Is the iPad and iPhone adapter and cable the same? I have heard that the iPhone is 5 Watts and the iPad is 12 Watts. Is this true please?

I am asking because I use the iPad with the charger I got with my iPhone and when I'm charging it and using it at the same time, the battery percentage on my iPad still goes down. Although I have heard reports of this happening to other people's iPad Pro's.

Thank you.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
By the way it says on the side of the adapter what the wattage is. A clue is the fact that the iPhone adapter is half the size or the iPad adapter. :)

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Just to add (and you probably know this already), your iPhone charger will charge your iPad, just very slowly!

Your iPad charger will also charge your iPhone 5, but no faster than the phone's 5w charger.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Just to add (and you probably know this already), your iPhone charger will charge your iPad, just very slowly!

Your iPad charger will also charge your iPhone 5, but no faster than the phone's 5w charger.

Yes I did, but thank you for clarifying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.