Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's long-rumored 12.9-inch "iPad Pro" will enter mass production sometime in September or October, according to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The analyst also believes that the larger-screened iPad will come with a Force Touch-enabled stylus accessory for users to more easily navigate the increased surface area of the tablet.

iPad-Pro-Martin-Hajek-800x601.jpg

Kuo believes manufacturer Cheng Uei will receive the exclusive assembly rights of the stylus. The analyst also points to recent market feedback of Force Touch on products like the Apple Watch and MacBook as reasons that the technology wouldn't exclusively drive big hardware sales, but Apple's commitment to the consistency of its devices will see Force Touch implemented on all of the company's products in the future.

Rumors about a first-party Apple-built stylus accessory began swirling earlier in the year, coming again from Kuo. Late last year, the first bit of news surrounding the iPad Pro pointed towards a 12.2-inch display, but subsequent stories have pushed the 12.9-inch rumor that's been heavily circulated ever since. Now, the latest rumors for the iPad Pro suggest the device is an unlikely candidate for next month's iPhone-centered media event, with a mid-to-late fall launch date somewhat lining up with Kuo's prediction today.

Article Link: 'iPad Pro' With Force Touch-Enabled Stylus Predicted to Enter Mass Production By October

Reactions: mektobat

spherox

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
I just sincerely hope that it isn't just an iPad Air 2 with Force Touch and a bigger display. We need something different and compelling, not only that, but it needs to run an iOS/OS X hybrid. An inflated iOS just won't cut it, even with the new multitasking and split screen features.

Reactions: melendezest

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
I just sincerely hope that it isn't just an iPad Air 2 with Force Touch and a bigger display. We need something different and compelling, not only that, but it needs to run an iOS/OS X hybrid. An inflated iOS just won't cut it, even with the new multitasking and split screen features.

Don't hold your breath.
I gotta say right now I'm more interested in the Surface line than I am in just a larger screened iPad...

Reactions: melendezest

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

it will come with an extra row of icons on the springboard AND folder layout!!!

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
After just getting rid of my note 12.2 in favour of the Macbook pro 2015 I have no interest..not sure why those with a Macbook would want one really

Reactions: Apple Human

rudychidiac

Suspended
May 2, 2012
Lebanon
I'm REALLY excited about this. I hope they add palm rejection. I mainly use my iPad air for professional digital painting, it's basically my main tool for my work, I don't like using wacoms, and now with this iPad pro i hope things will get easier, Can't wait to see Procreate, iDraw and Pixelmator on that huge tablet with so much RAM :')

I just hope they add palm support... other than that, YAY!

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Malfunction in the sarcasm detector?

He obviously won't sell those but the "iPad Pro" will be referred to in blogs as the iMac and Mac Pro killer... because everything is "killer" these days.
Without emotions it's impossible to see if anybody is being sarcastic or not.

It wouldn't surprise me if people did do that. ..wouldn't understand why but I could see it

Junkstarpunk

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2015
And a $1000 price tag apple is way over priced.

iPad-Pro-Martin-Hajek-800x601.jpg

Kuo believes manufacturer Cheng Uei will receive the exclusive assembly rights of the stylus. The analyst also points to recent market feedback of Force Touch on products like the Apple Watch and MacBook as reasons that the technology wouldn't exclusively drive big hardware sales, but Apple's commitment to the consistency of its devices will see Force Touch implemented on all of the company's products in the future.

Rumors about a first-party Apple-built stylus accessory began swirling earlier in the year, coming again from Kuo. Late last year, the first bit of news surrounding the iPad Pro pointed towards a 12.2-inch display, but subsequent stories have pushed the 12.9-inch rumor that's been heavily circulated ever since. Now, the latest rumors for the iPad Pro suggest the device is an unlikely candidate for next month's iPhone-centered media event, with a mid-to-late fall launch date somewhat lining up with Kuo's prediction today.

Article Link: 'iPad Pro' With Force Touch-Enabled Stylus Predicted to Enter Mass Production By October[/QUOTE]

Reactions: c0ppo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.