All iPads iPad reselling question...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by siritalks, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Typically, how much can you get for a previous generation iPad just as the new version is coming out?

I'm debating whether to get a mini, for sheer portability purposes (I write lots of notes on the go and think it would be perfect), but I know fine well in 6 months time I'll want the next iteration of it (if it has a retina display etc) because I'm a little bit obsessed with gadgets.

So, if I buy this mini and then sell it as the next version comes out, how much do you think I would be able to get for it, from your past experience? Do they hold their prices quite well?

2. macrumors 603

saving107

To many variables factor into this question, but the most important one:

1. Is there a buyer.

The question of how much will you get depends if you sell it online (Craigslist, eBay, Gazelle) and is there a market for used iPad's. With 100 Million iPads already sold and the entry price for an iPad is now $329, there will be fewer buyers wanting to buy an iPad and unwilling to spend much more than $329.

3. macrumors regular

An ipad 4 should have a much higher resale value then a mini,I was in the same boat as you as we all are gonna want and will get whatever apple releases lol