iPad screen marks/defects?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Legend33, Sep 23, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2010
    I've noticed some strange markings on the screen of the iPad and I'm curious if it's just mine or perhaps common in all iPads. They were there from day 1 but then last nite I noticed another. I can only see these with the iPad off AND under a bright light/sunlight - I really only noticed them by accident when it was at certain angles. Near the top of the LCD I see what appear at first to be tiny scratches - short white lines at a diagional. There are 3 of them on the same side - left, middle and right. They aren't exterior scratches - at least I feel no ridges and they only show at certain angles. I first saw them in sunlight when my iPad was at a certain angle and I just happened to notice.

The other defect looks like a tiny spec of glitter. It never rubs off and of course I only noticed it after I started looking for other defects. I have my iPad in the official Apple case ever since I got it.

Anyone else ever notice these types of things? It's purely cosmetic but of course now that I know they are there it's bugging me. I know it's extremely difficult to have a defect-free iPad - especially the whole dust under the screen issue - but I am curious to see that the norm is (as in out of 10 iPads would 8 have some kind of screen defect like this)?