iPad screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by slipper, Apr 2, 2010.

Will you install a screen protector on your iPad

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
  2. No

32 vote(s)
  3. Undecided

13 vote(s)
  1. macrumors 68000

Nov 19, 2003
    With all this deal about Apple removing any screen protectors from their stock... will any of you be installing a screen protector on your iPad?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Feb 28, 2008
    Screen protectors have never been necessary, for the iPhone or for anything else. Just plain foolishness -- they reduce touch sensitivity, they get ratty looking, some of them add an orange peel texture and weird rainbow effects, it goes on and on.

They are a ripoff and Apple was right to ban them from phones and hopefully from iPads too.

This is all imho.
  3. thread starter macrumors 68000

Nov 19, 2003
    I would have to disagree. While the iPhone screen is durable, it can still scratch pretty easily especially if you mistakenly place it in a pocket with your keys. I notice no difference in touch sensitivity. And if applied properly, it will last for over a year. It did for my 2 year old iPhone 2g and is for my current several months old iPhone 3gs.

So i voted yes.

P.S. i would have to agree that they are overpriced. But so are most Apple products.
  4. macrumors regular

Apr 2, 2010
    I like my screen protector on my iPhone.. it gives it a more tactile feel and is more durable.

I probably won't put one on the iPad though. First, I doubt I'm coordinated enough to do it without bubbles since doing this on an iPhone takes super patience and skills. I also won't be carrying it in my pocket.

Not sure *how* I will be carrying it though so maybe I will change my mind in time.
  5. macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2005
    I felt the iPad screen has too much resistense for me. My finger can glide through my iPhone that have a powersupport glossy screen protector. On the iPad, I feel more resistance maybe because it's glass. I will get a screen protector for the finger feel, but if you are looking for protection, you probably don't need any on the iPad/iPhone screen as they don't scratch easily.
  6. macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2008
    I am going to install one because I dislike the finger prints on the screen.
  7. macrumors 65816

Feb 5, 2007
    State of Denial
    Finger prints on the screen are horrible. I'll buy one as soon as I can.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Sep 1, 2009
    This is one of the reason why I ordered a screen protector.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Nov 12, 2004

I bought a second iPad and didn't have a screen protector on it. The feel under your finger is a little sluggish compared to that of a screen protector, which allows it to glide a little easier versus the glass alone. In addition, without a screen protector, I've noticed that the finger prints look a lot worse in a short period of time that with a screen protector.

I get the crystal clear version to maintain the screen's excellent contrast and color levels. Haven't noticed any lack of responsiveness or anything like that.