Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawrobel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I've had my iPad for about 4 weeks now and have been throughly enjoying it :) Everything from the games to the internet to the productivity stuff that is becoming available.

I do have a few questions:

1. Anyone know of anything similar to Matlab available for the iPad? I'm sure that it was not designed for this but I do use it extensively for my research and its annoying to have to always remotely connect to my iMac.

2. From what I've seen, the ability to manipulate files in the sense that they can be accessed from different applications is not yet there (ala saving in pages and then uploading to dropbox or idisk and vice versa)?

3. I have been using the Incase Convertible Book Jacket and am not liking it too much due to the bulk it adds as well as the tendency for the ipad to slip out; I do have the opportunity to buy the Apple iPad case and was wondering if it really is worth it (I've heard lots of negative as well as positive things in reviews about it so I'm not sure)? The other thing I was thinking was to instead buy an Incase sleeve for it and then use something like a business card holder thing with the Apple wireless keyboard.

Thanks,
Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.