Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
US
Hey guys I love having my iPad bare, yet I still want something to prop it up in a nice typing position similar to the one provided by the apple case. So in the stores they having that plastic and rubber stand, I want something to replicate that position. All of the other stands I have seen are just propping it up and letting it lay flat. Questions let me know!

AppleTech22

TIO

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Hey guys I love having my iPad bare, yet I still want something to prop it up in a nice typing position similar to the one provided by the apple case. So in the stores they having that plastic and rubber stand, I want something to replicate that position. All of the other stands I have seen are just propping it up and letting it lay flat. Questions let me know!

AppleTech22

I recently bought the Griffin Loop, and absolutely love it. The clincher for me was that it works with my OtterBox Commuter case in all positions. It was $30 at the Apple Store in Boise, and I've seen it for less than that on Amazon... as low as $18.

Griffin Loop

Moogyman

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Nottingham UK
12South Compass iPad stand

I have two stands, the Griffin A frame and the 12South compass iPad stand. The Griffin is very sturdy, but for positioning that you speak of the latter would be ideal.
It's made of metal with rubber in all the right places, and folds up smaller than any other stand I have seen, which means it's easy to take with you.
The quality of the product is first class and comes in a velvet like carrying case.
The compass allows for upright viewing for use with Bluetooth keyboard and movie watching, but quickly can be converted to a more gentle angle by the altering it's foot arrangement.

Hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.