iPad iPad to hard drive

Discussion in 'iPad' started by terry007, Apr 18, 2013.

1. macrumors member

I have an Ipad 3 with lots of video footage that I would like to transfer to a hardrive so Ican do some editing.

I was told by a Fryes employee that its possible but that I should buy a wifi HD .
    Is this true and if so which one should i buy .?
    T

2. macrumors regular

RadDave

Well, not an expert here but there are likely a number of solutions - let me just mention a few for your consideration: 1) have you tried a wired connection via USB w/ iTunes on you computer? 2) a number of Wi-Fi options exists as you already mentioned (e.g. email, iCloud, Wi-Fi HD, etc); BUT, a program that I've used is called PhotoSync (check HERE) - app on your iPad & on your computer which will transfer photos & videos from your Camera Roll to the PhotoSync folder on your computer - let us know your results - :)

3. thread starter macrumors member

Ok I'll try this system
    I don't think itunes will work because its video that I am transferring video that I have then or that's need odor load from Dropbox to my hard drive

4. macrumors member

Not sure what you mean by this. iTunes will allow you transfer the video to your computer. Or as RadDave has already said use PhotoSync or similar to upload the video to Dropbox and then download it to your computer.

I don't own a WiFi HD but if my understanding is correct you can copy video, photos etc from the HD to the iPad but no the other way round.

Another option would be a video editing app for the iPad such as iMove.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Thank you actually i don't have a computer . My video footage is on my ipad and I need to transfer to a hard drive so i can take that hard drive with me...
    T

6. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

Do you have a MacBook? If so, you can use image capture app preinstalled by OSX to transfer pictures and video to hard drive. They are easy to use. I use it all the times. :apple:

7. macrumors newbie

My Airport Extreme has a USB port on it. I connect a flash drive or an external hard drive to it then access it with an app like FileBrowser. It works well and you won't need a computer.

8. thread starter macrumors member

Thank you guys
    T
    :)