iPad iPad use

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, Jan 28, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

What do you use your ipad for if you have a smartphone and laptop?

2. macrumors 68020

danpass

It's enoughly more convenient than an Air to have it with me all the time, so there's that.

But as a result of that, and the SD/USB adapters, I end up using the Mini for imovie and iphoto stuff.

Then all the usual other culprits; surfing, reading, etc

Then there's aviation use, see sig for 3 month review.

3. macrumors newbie

Mainly for those "in between" moments where I can't be bothered to turn on laptop and using my phone is too fiddly. That and off the cuff browsing. I have an android phone, so the additional variety of apps is a bonus.

Oh, and hi all :)

KYI

4. macrumors regular

I have a iPhone 5, MBP 13" and iPad 2.

I don't like taking the MBP to college everyday, so I take the iPad. I browse the internet all the time on the iPad, use the MBP more for when I need to type big things.

Also, it's my e-reader, my gamestation (lol), I watch movies on it when in bed, etc...

5. macrumors regular

While the iPad isn't more capable than a laptop, its battery life makes it my go-to device. It's not just the battery life while in-use that's great - some laptops can match or exceed it. It's the battery life while not-in-use that's amazing.

6. macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

I mostly use my iPad mini as my computer outside of working hours. I use my laptop for work and my iPhone when I'm on-the-go.

7. macrumors 6502

I use my mini for digital textbooks, web browsing, email, videos..etc etc

8. macrumors 6502

For pilots flying small aircraft, the Ipad is just too big. whether you mount it or use it on your leg. Mini is perfect!!

9. macrumors newbie

My mini has taken over for most of my typical daily uses such as email, web surfing and gaming.

10. macrumors regular

Little update: just sold my iPad. Even though I liked it a lot, it was to distracting. Always ended up playing games on it instead of studying, for example.

So now I'm with the iPhone 5 and the MacBook Pro, that I was using less because of the iPad. I forgot how good it is to use a MBP all the time :D

Also I could really use the money that I spent on the iPad, did a good deal for it, situation solved.

Basically, in my opinion and even though the iPad is awesome, I can say its not a necessary gadget at least for me.