Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moohooya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
I'm looking for a way to remotely control my fathers iPad. As simple as the device is, walking him through simple steps from 3,000 miles away is very difficult. I can barely explain his inability to use computers, but yesterday he spent over 2 hours talking with Apple tech support, last weekend I spent about the same walking him through installing Skype. As I'm sure you can tell from my desperate plea, I'm willing to pay good old $$$ for such an app.

Baring a VNC server, is there a screen sharing software so I can at least view what he is looking at. During his Skype setup he encountered a screen that was baffling me so I walking him through taking a screen shot, emailing it to me, and deleting the photo. This alone was about 1 hour.

Thanks

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
You may want to instead research a few relevant YouTube vids and send over the links to watch.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Use TeamViewer for remotely accessing your father’s iPad.

It won't work either, I'm afraid. No tool can share the OS screen, unlike on some other platforms (e.g., Windows Mobile), "thanks" to Apple's restrictions.

To the OP: jailbreak if you can and use a VNC server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.