iPad wins EISA award

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by alphamale, Aug 16, 2010.

1. macrumors member

2. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

It was surprising not to see an iPhone among their several phone categories.

3. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm not. Have you used the Samsung Galaxy S?? It's an amazing phone. I haven't used an iPhone 4, but it's similar enough to the iPhone 3Gs (with the new iOS) that I doubt a "test drive" of an iPhone 4 would convince me otherwise.

The iPad does deserve its award though. :) One reason is because there isn't any real competition for it at the moment. The other reason is because it's a good product.

4. macrumors 68020

R94N

I think it's pretty awesome how Microsoft was pushing tablets for ages, to no avail, and then Apple comes along with their tablet and wipes the floor with everyone; pulling in buyers who aren't/weren't even Apple fans before.

5. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I have not used the Galaxy S phone. It does look great though. From my perspective, my iPhone is so much beyond being just a phone. With all the applications I have installed on it, the device is simply a part of so many activities I do on a day-to-day basis. It really wouldn't be that easy to replace it with another device.

6. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

This is a serious question.

Were these activities already part of your daily routine, of have you been "conditioned" to include them now that you have an iPhone?

7. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Some people don't produce enough gas to fart on their own. "There's an app for that".