iPad with USB mouse

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Apple!Fre@k, May 26, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Word has it that Apple's dock connector for a USB plug will accept more than just a camera. Might it accept a USB transmitter for a Logitech mouse??

2. Guest

Surely

From what I've read, no.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong....

3. macrumors 6502a

I'm quite sure the answer will be no.

There's only mouse support via jailbreak and I'm not sure that extends to a USB/wireless 'stick' option.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

See, I'd love to be able to use a mouse with it but I don't want to go through the BS of jailbreaking. It's obviously not that hard initially, but it's a PITA when it comes to updates, restores, etc. as far as I'm aware. When using the keyboard dock, it feels like a lot of work to have to touch the screen for everything I want as opposed to dragging a mouse.

5. macrumors 6502a

They may include mouse support in future versions of the iPad OS but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Until then I suppose you need to weigh up how useful a mouse would be to you against the 'pains' of jailbreaking.

If it helps there are apps that make re-jailbreaking less of a pain. For instance aptbackup (sp?).

The simple thing to say would be 'The iPad isn't designed for mouse input' :p but there are options for you out there.