ipad2 case similar to original case...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by grooveattack, Apr 7, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

Looks that way.

That's not a bad looking case.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors 6502a

I think this case is absolutely stunning; looking forward to seeing the first reviews when someone receives it.:D

6. macrumors 68000

silverblack

Stated on the Speck website, the material is TPU, which is kind of like silicone. Also there's no picture showing the back so it's hard to tell what the coverage is like. I came across a Belkin case, which I though is also similar to the original Apple case.

7. macrumors 68040

The closest to the original Apple iPad case might be the Chinao. I had one for the original iPad and now the new one. The original was made almost exactly like the Apple but different material (no dust).

The new one is a bit different, but close enough.

Just saying :)

8. macrumors 6502

Can you please post some pictures or videos of the Chinao 2 for iPad (not stock photos if at all possible)

9. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

The STM Skinny is definitely the case to get. It is the closest to the IPad 1 Apple case of any case out there. It is thin, light and operates the sleep/wake function flawlessly. It works as a stand for viewing or typing, and can also be folded flat. This case will sell like hotcakes, guaranteed.

10. macrumors member

Let's hope mine ships soon though ! You can buy it on eBags too I believe.
    And I agree - it's the closest to the original Ipad case = thin and full-protection

11. macrumors member

This is nothing like the original Apple case in my opinion. I can't prop my ipad up like an inverted V with the Speck case. Insta-dealbreaker for me - the "movie mode" is not stable enough to rest on my lap when im laying down. Also no one knows if the cover is "smart", if the front protector will flop around like Apple's covers do, etc. The only thing this case has going for it is looks. Finding a decent case is about as hard as finding an iPad 2. And just as frustrating.

12. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

I ordered early and got it yesterday. They're backordered to 4/20 already. You will be very pleased with it.