Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharrpa

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
I'm completely surprised that this thread went to handbags before it was questioned how women use the internet differently than men. :rolleyes:
Techie, or not, women are different creatures than men.

I haven't had iPad long enough to hammer out the "best" apps for my needs, but here's what I have so far:

GoodReader: All business PDFs are on hand at all times in a nicely organized way. I've even organized a crapload of regulatory html pages for quick and easy access. My only wish is that I could get signatures within the app.

MobileMe: It just makes sense. I can share important documents between 3 PCs and iPad, sync calendars and find my other iProducts. I'm sure I can do more within, but again, iPad just joined the family.

textPlus: Text messages to any phone. Slow to load but I hate having too many e-gadgets to lug around. Eliminates the need for a wireless phone.

Insurance: depending on your company, you'll have an app. Mine inventories my belongings, makes claims by iPad, etc...

ABC Player and Netflix: TV on the go!

Pandora: Making my own radio stations.

NPR and BBC News: Keeping me up to date.

Atomic Web: Browser with tabs.

Weight Watchers, Betty Crocker and Epicurious: I like to cook and therefore, eat.

Multiple games for mini brain-breaks.

And... Dagi Stylus. For my signature grabbing and note writing ways.

skinsone

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2006
Love my iPad. I was at my Apple store yesterday for close to two hours. My itouch had battery issues as did my 3 year old MBP. They swapped out my battery in the MBP and gave me a new itouch covered under Apple care. I brought my 3G in because it wasn't syncing with Mobile me as well as it froze after using the camera connector. They also discovered that my sims card connector was bad. So they swapped out my iPad too. I went into the mall and happened by a store selling Vera Bradley. A sale .... I was able to purchase a mini laptop case for $18.00, a discontinued color. My iPad in the Apple case fits perfectly with room for the charger and camera kit. I sent back the dock as I didn't want to remove the case every time to use the dock.

Sharrpa, I have the apps, plus Kindle, you do except for Atomic web and the stylus. Still looking for one of those that I like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.