Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macidiot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
is there any reason that apple has not made horizonatal keybord?? Its seems so simple to do yet for some reason there is no sign

I'm with you on that. This feature shouldn't be that hard to do, considering some of the apps already have it.

And how about fixing the retarded call list? There should be tabs for All Calls, Missed Calls, Received Calls, and DIALED CALLS. Considering cell phones have pretty much had this since about oh, 2000, I can't figure out what Apple's malfunction is with this.

It would be nice if Apple provided an update with some actual improvements rather than DRM-ish controls...

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
Please help..

So does this mean that I am restoring it to 1.1.2 and I will lose all my notes and settings?

WorthBak

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Boulder, CO
some images from the update

here are a few (poor quality) shots of my iphone with the new update:
photo26aa4.jpg

now separates custom ringtones from normal ones
photo25os7.jpg

german language support :) danke schön!
photo24co2.jpg

ipod auf deutsch
photo23fj3.jpg

unlock screen
photo22mr6.jpg

main screen in german (sorry, bad picture)

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
There is a post over on TUAW that it took care of one iphone user's negative black screen problem. Any others confirming this?

WorthBak

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Boulder, CO
So.... how exactly do I put this on my iPhone?

:p

I really don't know
someone help me?

just download the file linked in the macrumors article, then plug in your iphone, then opt+click "check for updates". choose the zip file you just downloaded at the prompt, and let itunes do the rest.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
This is the first update that I'm NOT putting on my phone. I only speak english (and some bad spanish) so this is totally pointless.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
people are also confirming the negative screen fix on engadget. I am hoping to see some people here confirm this as well. Also, if you could leave the screen you have as well as week of your phone that would be great!

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
I don't own an iPhone.
However, what a boring update. Not one new feature that matters...

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
This is the first update that I'm NOT putting on my phone. I only speak english (and some bad spanish) so this is totally pointless.

It will also contain bug fixes, so I'd suggest upgrading.

I'm sure Safari is snappier as well ;)

I don't own an iPhone.
However, what a boring update. Not one new feature that matters...

Yeah, who cares about international support. :rolleyes:

jersey

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
What else do you expect from a .X.X release. Now if it was 1.2.0 then I could see wanting new amazing things from it instead of boring mundane fixes.

I know ...... but you'd of thought they could have tossed us a tiny cookie at least. Multiple languages really dont do it for me......

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
itoner still works with 1.1.2 no problems at all! it puts all of my ringtones in a new section called custom now! Awesome... :)

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
New feature is awesome!

I brought up a picture of my wife that I had taken of her back side. I can now pinch her behind and to my surprise she can feel it. Thats just awesome!!

Okay just kidding. All these updates and what I really need is a to do list and notes. Not to forget everything else cheaper smartphones have that can run circles around the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.