iPhone 1.1.3 Features and Screenshots?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by Chris Grande, Dec 28, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Chris Grande

Jun 17, 2003
    Story: http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q407-iphone-113-firmware-feature-gallery/
    Direct to pictures: http://www.gearlive.com/gallery/category/C51

From the site:
    The ability to send an SMS message to multiple people is now there
    Google Maps application can now pinpoint your location using cell tower triangulation
    Google Maps can now display the Hybrid map view
    You can now drag and drop application icons on your home screen
    The home screen supports pagination
    You can now add web bookmarks to your home screen

My take:
    Page Curl effect on the map page is a nice touch.
    Triangulation, nice.
    Home page options, very good.
    Multiple people SMS good but still no MMS... on a 399 phone. :(
    No info on notification frequency or length options.
    No new apps.... :(
    But still good for a X.X.1 update, hope this isn't the big MacWorld reveal...:rolleyes:

2. Retired

May 16, 2006
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2005
    Between cats, dogs and wanderlust.
    "Until it starts to wiggle."

I fully expect this to be a feature of Mac OS X 10.6. "To move your icons, just click and hold until they begin to wiggle." That said, I don't believe any screenshots because of how easy it is to manipulate a jailbroken phone. But I think the manipulation of home screen is a given with third-party apps on the horizon.

I want an Apple-provided solution to a wallpaper on my home screen, so I'm not using something on par with ShapeShifter.
  4. macrumors member

Feb 4, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Interesting feature set if true! It would say a lot about Apple's willingness to let iPhone users customize their phones to their liking (ie the customizable home screen). Plus, a rearrangeable home screen would certainly be a logical step towards the SDK release as well. Thanks for passing this along.
  5. Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    I wouldn't be surprised either way. ...If these features are for real, I wonder if they'll be available for the iPod Touch as well.
  6. macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
    I am at 1.1.1 and this...this will have me upgrade immediately. Bravo if this is shopped!
  7. macrumors 6502a

Apr 8, 2006
    Sometimes here mostly there
    Im stil on 1.0.2 and very happy user. My phone is unlock so they have to come with something really important to make me upgrade. That doesn't look like it!:cool:
  8. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001
    iPhone 1.1.3 Features and Screenshots?

GearLive claims to have played with the upcoming iPhone 1.1.3 firmware update and reveals a number of new features to be included to the latest version of the iPhone's software.

Dragging the Mail icon

The new features are shown in a screenshot gallery. Amongst the new features depicted:

- Edit Home Screen - Rearrange icons on your home screen
    - Drag icons around with your finger
    - Locate Me integration (pseudo-GPS) with Google Maps
    - Another screenshot of Locate Me
    - Send SMS to multiple people
    - Add Safari Bookmarks to your Home Screen (example)

The features shown do not correlate with some earlier rumors of the 1.1.3 firmware. GearLive has not previously been a source of accurate rumors or images on Apple products, previously spreading mockups of iPod nanos. These new screenshots, however, appear convincing on casual inspection.

Article Link

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 6502

Oct 18, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Everything comes in bits and pieces. I love the iPhone, but something (aliens?) made me wait until version 2.0
  10. macrumors member

Apr 4, 2006
    WOW, If all that is in there, ill immediately, and happily upgrade, even if it means losing installer.app, i don't care. Those are some necessary features that should have been there a ling time ago.......
  11. macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2007
    New York City
    Interesting - I just submitted this like 10 mins ago
  12. macrumors 68030

Dec 3, 2001
    Sometimes Tokyo, sometimes California
    So the iPhone dock is now a true dock. Is this something borrowed from the upcoming "tablet" iteration of OS X?

13. macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2007
    Louisiana, United States
    The thing that baffles me about Apple's approach to iPhone updates is that many of these tweaks and changes are seemingly simple, conceptually speaking. Multiple text recipients shouldn't have taken this long. I'm not complaining, I just don't see why they're drawing it all out so much.

I suppose it could be simply an intentional tactic of Apple. This seems to be the most likely situation, as Apple, as a corporation and business, would have certain things to gain from small periodic updates instead of a couple large ones that addressed tons of issues.

Again, I've really enjoyed my iPhone, but adding media texting and multiple text recipients are among a handful of things that would improve user experience without some earth-shattering change or epic difficulty on the part of the programmers working on the iPhone updates. Corporate tactics aside, it seems that this should have been a quick, easy change within the first couple of months.

At any rate, let's be thankful that Apple keeps the updates rolling out and has paid attention to us iPhone owners. :)
  14. macrumors 68040

Feb 6, 2007
    Looks pretty sweet. Nothing like off the hook awesome, but some really cool stuff. Custom springboard and multiple home screen and being able to allow bookmarks on home screen! Im impressed. Any rumor as to a release date?
  15. macrumors 6502a

Martin C

Nov 5, 2006
    New York City
    When is Apple going to release an iChat application for goodness sakes?
  16. macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2007
    Will there be an update to the iPod Touch firmware as well?
  17. macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2007
    i heard that i'm gonna have to buy ichat from itunes when it comes out.

i'd kill myself...
  18. macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    Oh god, I hope this is true! Not a huge selection of features, but it's some basic functionality I would have expected from the beginning. :rolleyes:
  19. macrumors member

Apr 24, 2007
    Lincoln, NE
    Given the history of updates, it is more than likely there will be some sort of update to the iPod touch.
  20. macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

None of these features are iPhone specific, so it seems pretty likely.
  21. FCA
    macrumors member

Jan 18, 2007
    I'm pretty sure there will...they get updated in a parallel way
  22. macrumors demi-god

Jun 2, 2007
    The post is coming from inside the house!
    This is beginning to look great! I've never jailbroken or futzed around with my iPhone, so my own arrangement of icons will be new for me!

These features, along with native third-party apps in a couple months, will keep me very pleased with my 6-month old iPhone (as of later today!). But I'll be looking to upgrade to new/updated hardware in about 6 more months.
  23. macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    looks fake to me. the depth of focus in some shots drops off way too quickly. especially the "add bookmark to home screen" pic. the top of the screen is slightly fuzzy and the add bookmark buttons are crystal clear. also look at the "edit home screen" shot... the dialog box is not centered over the icons.
  24. macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2006
    This is great, especially with the sending SMS to multiple people. I just want video recording. Pretty please, Apple. Pretty please with a cherry on top!
  25. macrumors demi-god

Jun 2, 2007
    The post is coming from inside the house!
    I'm far from an expert, but they look pretty convincing to me. Mostly because the ground has been softened up by earlier rumors.