Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
im trying to use the 100 bucks to buy online a 100 itune fgift card, but where i need to put the information is light grey! i cant use.. i did some research and i found out that a lot of people bought online itunes credits...

anyone can help me out ??

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Yes. You can't buy iTunes gift cards with it.

Customers may not redeem their store credits: (1) at any iTunes Store in the United States or elsewhere, (2) Apple Store locations outside the United States; (3) at Apple resellers; (4) for cash; (5) to purchase Apple Gift Cards, or,iTunes Store Gift Certificates, to give iTunes Store content as gifts, or to create iTunes Store allowances; or (6) as payments on Apple accounts.

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
Yes. You can't buy iTunes gift cards with it.

Customers may not redeem their store credits: (1) at any iTunes Store in the United States or elsewhere, (2) Apple Store locations outside the United States; (3) at Apple resellers; (4) for cash; (5) to purchase Apple Gift Cards, or,iTunes Store Gift Certificates, to give iTunes Store content as gifts, or to create iTunes Store allowances; or (6) as payments on Apple accounts.

There was an article somewhere that said you could, you jus't couldn't buy e-certificates but standard (Shipped) gift cards are ok. Not sure if they changed that though.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Hmmm, just read this on AppleInsider. I'd call Aplle if I were you OP.

$100 iPhone credit good for iTunes gift cards

Finally, Bloomberg reports that Apple incorrectly stated Friday that its $100 iPhone credit couldn't be used towards the purchase of iTunes gift cards and has since updated its terms. While it remains true that users can't add the credit directly to their existing iTunes accounts, they can use it to purchase new gift cards, the publication said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.