Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lpoland

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Doesn't work for me...

The file contains two disk imgs, one fails to mount and the other looking for a password that I apparently don't have.

Anyone else?

Lathe

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
The file contains two disk imgs, one fails to mount and the other looking for a password that I apparently don't have.

Anyone else?

Lathe

I'm having the same issue, I wonder how you can get this installed... hmm. :confused: The option + "Check for Update" button seems to work but will only look in the folders of the extracted .zip file. Hmm... how did you get it to work arn? :)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I installed on my original iPhone and it worked. Data still there. and I just downloaded Super Monkey Ball.

arn

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
famous last words....

Proceed with caution.....

Oh well good thing I sold my iPhone 8GB yesterday. I'd probably want to do it.

toxicbomber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
I installed on my original iPhone and it worked. Data still there. and I just downloaded Super Monkey Ball.

arn

Oh my god my vista machine is SO SLOWWW!! My mac is at home. :( Why must Microsoft tourture me so? I just wanna restore! But I do understand that the restore file is massive as it has been in the developer builds.

EDIT: It worked! I'm downloading apps right now! I'M SO HAPPY!

bb0ys

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2003
Trying to update...

I tried updating but after iTunes extracted the firmware from the zip, it said "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (5)". I'm going to keep messing around...

christall109

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
I'm having the same issue, I wonder how you can get this installed... hmm. :confused: The option + "Check for Update" button seems to work but will only look in the folders of the extracted .zip file. Hmm... how did you get it to work arn? :)

I'm having the exact same issue. Any help?
Thanks

a1kim

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2007
Might be out at noon today

My friend is a developer for one of the games hitting the app store today, and he said he had heard it would be released at noon (EST) today. I honestly don't know how reliable that info is, but seeing this download available now is a good sign. I'm willing to take one for the team and am installing right now. I'll post anything meaningful I find if I have time. It's a busy day at work, and I doubt I'll notice anything before the official release anyway.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Anyone tried to update a jailbroken iPhone? Maybe this update will let these phones to use official software.

ryter221

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2005
i'm not sure if this will fix your problem but:

DON'T unzip the file. download the file, and rename it to a ".ipsw" file (since it downloads as a ".ipsw.zip" file.) you should see it turn from a zip file into a lego cube with an itunes/ipod logo on it. then hold down option (or alt) and click restore, select the .ipsw cube and continue.

i'm in the process of doing it, and it's taking a long time, so don't worry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.