Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinomg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
I have a BlueTrek Surface Sound car kit that has always worked with visual voicemail.

Some bluetooth headsets which didn't originally work with visual voicemail on previous firmware versions have been reported to be working on 2.1.

Add on ALoD it will auto restart after the screen dims instead of us having to do it manually as an attempt to fix the ALoD (which I might add has not worked for me yet, which makes my quite angry).

I don't understand.

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
awesome thread. lots of little things i didn't know.

i have the Plantronics 520BT and it stopped working on visual voicemail since 2.0-2.0.2. so i was very surprised to see it work today :D

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Has anyone noticed that icons that used to have NO SHINE now have shine? Here are the one's that I've noticed that have changed.

FaceBook
Sketches
Things (has 2 shines now)

The weird thing is, some of them still don't have shines like:

Tuner
Where To?

justinomg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
I have a BlueTrek Surface Sound car kit that has always worked with visual voicemail.

Has anyone noticed that icons that used to have NO SHINE now have shine? Here are the one's that I've noticed that have changed.

FaceBook
Sketches

Tuner
Where To?

My Facebook.app icon still has the transparent, shining overlay banner on the icon (If that's what you mean).

My Dactyl.app icon however does not have a shine. Not sure if the developer can manually remove the "shine".

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008

FaceBook
Sketches

Tuner
Where To?

Nice catch. I just noticed the same with my icons on several apps. Still a couple without it.

rjasonh

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2008
Genius Button is missing

Hi,

I just updated to 2.1 and I have an iPhone 3G, but the Genius button is not there. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

justinomg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
the triple button headphone thing doesn't work ;/

Tripple click the button on the mic attachted to the included iPhone headphones. It works for me, and many other users.

Hi,

I just updated to 2.1 and I have an iPhone 3G, but the Genius button is not there. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Check you have Genius activated in iTunes - then re-sync a couple of times. I had to resync myself after updating.

Oh and I was finally able to recieve a Edge connection - so I've added a screenshot of the new "E" logo, if you haven't already seen it.

otep1760

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
apparently lowering the speaker volume is a new feature. it was pretty loud before i upgraded, now it sucks.

Switz213

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Some bluetooth headsets which didn't originally work with visual voicemail on previous firmware versions have been reported to be working on 2.1.

I don't understand.

Just put.
Auto reboot once Apple Boot logo dims - ALoD (anyone who has the problem and is trying to fix it will understand, this doesn't concern everyone).

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
If you tap while an iTunes song is playing, the Genius icon will appear.
I haven't tapped the Genius icon yet. I'm going to experiment with Genius
on my computer before I mess with my phone.

attachment.php

Attachments

• iphone_07.JPG
    iphone_07.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 6,627

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Independent iPod and ringer volume was always there (definitely in 1.1.4 onwards anyway).

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
My phone is not showing the SMS option to "Load Earlier Messages" :confused:
Maybe that's exclusive to your phone service carrier. Did you have to
turn that on in the settings?

justinomg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
My phone is not showing the SMS option to "Load Earlier Messages" :confused:
Maybe that's exclusive to your phone service carrier.

You may not have enough messages in the convosation to "qualify" for the iPhone to show the option of loading previous messages. Find a long convosation, and scroll right to the top. If that doesn't work, you're probably right about it's exclusivity.

I didn't have to activate it from the Settings menu either. :confused:

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
Independent iPod and ringer volume was always there (definitely in 1.1.4 onwards anyway).
It was NOT there in 2.0.2.

No way, no how.

I verified it three times today just to make sure I wasn't nuts.

Of course, now I have upgraded to 2.1, and it works like it should. WooT!:)

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007

No way, no how.

Yes it was, my iPod is almost always at 1 click from silent, my ringer is always full.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006

No way, no how.

Weird, it's always done it on mine. <shrugs>

sgiles1

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2008
Not sure if this was mentioned, but you have to go into Services and turn on Location Services before it will use GPS. Before you could just click "Allow" and it would turn on.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
Yes it was, my iPod is almost always at 1 click from silent, my ringer is always full.

I am not going to argue about it.

But just for reference, are you talking about with or without headphones?

I tested it today without head phones, and when I turned down my iPod, and then pressed home, and then went in to settings, my ringer volume was down and not on full like it was before I started the process.

Then I went back to iPod, turned the volume to full blast, and went back to settings, and my ringer was at full blast.

And I know for a fact I am not the only one that has this complaint about iPhone 3G. It is WELL documented.

moloukhya

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2007
just noticed that the new text message preview flips when the phone is rotated. Not sure how useful it is but I don't remember that happening before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.