Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsantoz

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Thanx, i didn't get on ebay, i tought the baseband only stays bricked on devices 134 and up... guess i was wrong...

Any idea how must cost a bb chip?

Thanx again
Dany

radioclon

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Iphone 3gs, possible baseband problem

Hi,

I just want to know how can you tell if the chip is damaged besides the common symptoms (no wifi mac address, phone resets, etc). This phone is actually serial xx215 so I guess is done, but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

andralove20

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
Heeelp

i have an iphone 3gs blocked on o2 and i took it to a shop to jailbreak it and unlock the phone ...they sayd to me they could not unblock the phone and i just sayd that i will use it for games and music without eny sim and when i open settings it show me no wifi and bluetooth . it has Version 6.1.2 wifi-addess side says N/A bluetooth side says 00.00.00.00.00.00 and modem firmware it shows nothing (empty space)
i need hepl i tried to restore with itunes but after software downloads it says preparing to restore ipone and stops saying software update could not be contacted try again later something like that.
i need help in shops they sayd they cant do nothig but i am sure that there is something to do with it to fix it

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
i have an iphone 3gs blocked on o2 and i took it to a shop to jailbreak it and unlock the phone ...they sayd to me they could not unblock the phone and i just sayd that i will use it for games and music without eny sim and when i open settings it show me no wifi and bluetooth . it has Version 6.1.2 wifi-addess side says N/A bluetooth side says 00.00.00.00.00.00 and modem firmware it shows nothing (empty space)
i need hepl i tried to restore with itunes but after software downloads it says preparing to restore ipone and stops saying software update could not be contacted try again later something like that.
i need help in shops they sayd they cant do nothig but i am sure that there is something to do with it to fix it

I believe on the 3GS once you get that error, your chip is fried and if you want it back in working order, you have to physically replace the baseband chip. Did you try to DFU and restore in itunes? do not download any fw, just run restore and you might be able to get it back to working.

andralove20

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
Hi again I did try in dfu mode and to restore with iTunes but I get that message and it stops ...eny other solution pleaseee?

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Hi again I did try in dfu mode and to restore with iTunes but I get that message and it stops ...eny other solution pleaseee?

If you receive software server cannot be contacted, then maybe try another computer, or turning off your antivirus/firewall. Did you ever use tiny umbrella and have you made sure your hosts files are ok?

albendi

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2013
help please

pease help me i am in need to get my iphone 3g working again i get
it to work just fine jailbreak it 4.2.1 (8c148) but it keeps restarting every 5 minutes says needs to be restored on itunes and i dont get no imei no baseband no wife no bluetooth i am lost please please help me if anyone got this thing figure it out i very be very happy if someone wants to help me out.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
pease help me i am in need to get my iphone 3g working again i get
it to work just fine jailbreak it 4.2.1 (8c148) but it keeps restarting every 5 minutes says needs to be restored on itunes and i dont get no imei no baseband no wife no bluetooth i am lost please please help me if anyone got this thing figure it out i very be very happy if someone wants to help me out.

Put your phone in DFU mode and restore through iTunes. If you don't know how to do that, I suggest some tutorials on iclarified.com

Vanilla sky

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
Put your phone in DFU mode and restore through iTunes. If you don't know how to do that, I suggest some tutorials on iclarified.com

Hi guys I'm in a same situation if anyone could help me. I have a iPhone 3G in 3.1.2 tried to update it with iOS 4.2.1 fine then I tried jail breaking it with red snow 09.15b3 since my power button is broken I made a custom Ipswich in Duffy mod. While n the middle of jail breaking during the flashing of the letters and etc. in black screen the phone just turned off with the traces of letters until it vanished gradually. I'm so shocked with what just happened. If somebody could just let me know what happened and what can I do to fix it. Is there hope with my phone? I can't do anything with it right now can't turn it on and it doesn't turn on even if I plug the charger or USB cable to the pc. But I tried opening it up and detaching all the cable and putting it back together then plug it in USB it would be detected in pc as recovery mode. Please help how to restore it again.

eshwar

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2013
No IMEI,wi-fi,bluetooth

i've upgrded my 3gs to 6.1.2 a month,few days go i have given:mad: this 3gs to my friend to unlock it ,after downgrading the ios 6.0.1 to 5.1.1 i lot my imei,blueetooth,and wi-fi...plse let me knw how to overcome this problem.it may be very helpful if u can help me out.

thanks cheers buddy.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
with a 3GS, if you do a DFU restore in itunes, and you receive no imei bluetooth or wifi, most likely he tried to do the ipad install on a new bootrom. Your 3GS is most likely fried and if you want to, you need to solder on a new baseband chip.

From what I hear that is not an easy task

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
i've upgrded my 3gs to 6.1.2 a month,few days go i have given:mad: this 3gs to my friend to unlock it ,after downgrading the ios 6.0.1 to 5.1.1 i lot my imei,blueetooth,and wi-fi...plse let me knw how to overcome this problem.it may be very helpful if u can help me out.

thanks cheers buddy.

Do you have the 6.15.00 baseband? Use an external program to check (not sure if redsn0w has this feature). Try downgrading from the iPad baseband using redsn0w and see if that helps

Miss.Crittie

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
Australia
Thanks for the thread helped me with one 3G but I have another that shows a white screen after restore or downgrading baseband picture is fine whilst going through the processes though ....

Johnny2103

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
Help

I have this iPhone 3GS 8 gb no wifi or Bluetooth after ipad baseband I checked and it said it was fine to do. Help

872096U4EDG

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I have this iPhone 3GS 8 gb no wifi or Bluetooth after ipad baseband I checked and it said it was fine to do. Help

872096U4EDG

Try to flash it again. But if its a 3GS, you might have fried the baseband. In which case its hardware problem and there would be no help.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Try to flash it again. But if its a 3GS, you might have fried the baseband. In which case its hardware problem and there would be no help.

His 3GS is old enough so he can flash without a problem, sometimes it takes multiple tries to get it flashed right.

@dextr3k
Frying the BB only happens on newer device build after week 28 2011, try reading up on stuff before posting.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
His 3GS is old enough so he can flash without a problem, sometimes it takes multiple tries to get it flashed right.

@dextr3k
Frying the BB only happens on newer device build after week 28 2011, try reading up on stuff before posting.

The 8gb was produced all the way up to mid-2012, and according to his serial 87 2 09 6U4 EDG

Serial numbers come in the form AABCCDDDEEF which can be read as follows:

AA = Factory and machine ID
B = Year manufactured (simplified to final digit, 2010 is 0, 2011 is 1, etc)
CC = Week of production
DDD = Unique identifier
EEF = iPhone model, color of device and size of storage

his would have been made in week 09 of 2012, so new bootrom, right? Thats how I understood his post, which means he fried his BB. Sorry if I am wrong. :(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
The 8gb was produced all the way up to mid-2012, and according to his serial 87 2 09 6U4 EDG

his would have been made in week 09 of 2012, so new bootrom, right? Thats how I understood his post, which means he fried his BB. Sorry if I am wrong. :(

My Bad you are correct!
The BB is probably toast.

Model introduced: 2009
Serial number: 872096U4EDG (cleaned up from '87 2 09 6U4 EDG ')

Number of lookups done last 30 days: 0
You will be limited to 10 lookups per 30 days.

Machine Model: iPhone2,1
Name: iPhone 3GS
ModelCode: iphone_3gs
Family name: A1303
Model Number: MC555
Group1: iPhone
Group2:
Generation: 3
CPU speed: 600MHz
Screen size: 3.5 inch
Screen resolution: 320x480 pixels
Colour: Black
Production year: 2012
Production week: 09 (March)

Production number: 7892 (within this week)
Model introduced: 2009
Capacity: 8GB
Memory - flavour: xx
Factory: 87 (China)

motix

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
No IMEI, No Baseband, No wifi, 3GS 6.1.3

Hi,

I have a same problem. No IMEI, No Baseband, No wifi, no BT.

My 3GS s.No: xx019xx...., so it should be produced 19th week of 2010. So it shoul be NOT damaged by flashing iPad baseband via redsn0w. But anyway reboot every 3 minutes and all the stuf with no conection of anything ((

I did:

1) Jailbreak and instal iPad baseband (using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and ipsw 6.0)
2) Downgrade from iPad baseband

after booting the phone, there is no Baseband, no Wifi ...

3) so I tried DFU mode and restore to 6.1.3 ipsw (pre downloaded) using iTunes

but ends with error -1

tried several times..

Any ideas, please ?

PS: Could be problem, when make Jailreak for firs time, I've choose 6.1.3 ipsw in redsn0w istead of 6.0 ?

motix

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Shoud I do both steps again and again until it takes or just repeat "install iPad baseband" until I will see baseband 6.15 in my iPhone after boot the phone and then downgrade baseband ?

And what is apropriate redsn0w version in my case. 3GS, iOS 6.1.3 ?

Thanx a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.