Iphone 3G Not Charging Has Been Water Damaged But Well Cleaned?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MAJE5T1C, Nov 21, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi i have a water damaged iphone 3g it was dead with water damage i have cleaned it and now its fully working apart from its wont charge the charging simble says its charging but like i say its not

I have replased the dock connector and the battery that didnt fix the problem the phone sync's with itunes and even bleeps when the charger is pluged in so im a bit stumped please advise

cheers

2. macrumors 6502a

My advice... get a new iPhone that hasn't taken a bath.

3. macrumors G3

If you can't fix it, but it will run when attached to a power source just get a Mophie Juice Pack Air and use it that way.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have sevrel iphones even a 3gs 32gb apple unlocked model but i buy phones as a hobby to revive them its a challenge for me better than sitting around doing nothing

But this one has me beat the problem with it is the LTC4088-2 charging/sync chip was what got the water damaged but i would think if this chip was faulty it wouldnt sync or try to charge at all

So im thinking maybe a diode somewhere close to it im just hoping someone has done the same job/fix and knows what to change

Cheers