Iphone 3g ribbon cable 3 clip..spares??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Arctickev, Jul 17, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2009

This is my first post but I've been lurking for ages!

I sucessfully replaced my iphone screen but originally didn't order the adhesive strips (which I've got now...)

When I took it apart the second time, the ribbon clip for cable 3 (the flat ribbon, the clip should lift 45 degrees, cable slips in then clip closes to lock the cable in place.... but the clip disintegrated so I can't keep it in place.

Does anyone know if there is a spare part for this, other wise its breaking the iphone for spares and selling on ebay which I really don't want to do!!
  2. macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2009
    My problem to a T. I need the clip.. The pins on the board are fine. The ribbon is fine. The clip blew up. Anyone have a better name for this pin? Anyone have a possible source for this pin? Puh lease help.

This clip.
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2009
    iPhone 3G Earpiece & Sensitization Cable Fastening Clip / Holder
  4. macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2009
    I had the same problem this afternoon when i replaced the battery!! I had opened it up previous to this and the clip was fine but when i opened it up again i tried to unclip number 3 and it disintegrated so instead i bent the prongs onto it and so far it has not come unclipped by itself.. so far lol
  5. macrumors member

Nov 11, 2009
    the entire connector can be replaced. you can buy it on ebay and have it soldered by a professional, or if you have a small fine tip iron, and a microscope you can do it by yourself. let me know if you need help, ive done a few.
  6. macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2010
    Hey I have nearly the same problem the whole connector is kinda broken...

can you tell me where to buy the parts? whats the name of the parts?
    how to change it? =/

thanks a lot!!
  7. macrumors newbie

Aug 3, 2010
  8. macrumors newbie

Aug 3, 2010
    FPC Connector #3
  9. macrumors member

Nov 11, 2009