Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's new iPhone 3G S launches tomorrow Friday, June 19th.

172247-photo_500.jpg

Preparations for iPhone 3G S launch in Oakbrook, IL
Apple's retail stores are opening at 7 a.m. in all time zones to accommodate the launch. MacRumors readers are organizing meetups at retail stores around the world. The first lines are already forming in Tokyo and New York. Meanwhile, the Oakbrook, IL Apple store is preparing for large crowds.

AT&T has detailed their launch as well. AT&T stores will also be opening 7 a.m. nationwide. And this year, customers also have the opportunity to buy at Best Buy or Wal-Mart retail stores.

Pre-order customers should begin getting their iPhone 3G S deliveries tomorrow. Those who reserved units at either Apple or AT&T retail stores will be able to visit the stores to pick up their units at any time during business hours. The Washington Post even profiled readers who have been obsessively tracking their iPhone 3G S orders in our forums.

Article Link: iPhone 3G S Launch

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
And I, for one, won't be camping out in the rain to get there at 7 a.m. :rolleyes:

I love the photos of the idiots in New York camped out under the black Apple umbrellas already. Someone REALLY needs a life. ;)

APG

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Cool. If only I had the money!

PabloGS

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Europe
Funny how they drop that box around 0:45 :D

Hopefully that's not your iPhone 3GS :p

I'll wait for the iPhone 4G ;)

JP3G

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
LOL @ 0:44 ! The guy drops the box while tossing it to another guy...

freddiecable

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2003
Sweden
the hype is not there at this launch...i will get one...but it will take quite some effort to top the original iphone launch!

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Videos of Packages

Videos of Packages = EPIC FAIL

Now the shady people would know what to steal. Good job AT&T.

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
And I, for one, won't be camping out in the rain to get there at 7 a.m. :rolleyes:

I love the photos of the idiots in New York camped out under the black Apple umbrellas already. Someone REALLY needs a life. ;)

The way I figure it is that you either don't have a job and therefore can't afford an iphone/service plan, or you have a pretty good job to be able to pay for all that, in which case you would be at work today and not camping out in the rain all day...who are these people who have money and nothing to do on a Thursday?

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
Kinda cool to see the distribution operation, but it sure offsets a bunch of the attention Apple pays to being green and low impact packaging.

Rocketman

Offsets? Imagine the size or volume of boxes the AT&T distribution center would be receiving and handling for the same number of phones if the Apple packaging had not been streamlined. Instead of 12 phones per box, you get maybe 8, or need a bigger box. Apple is doing their part as much as anyone when it comes to "green" packaging.

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
That was a lot of freekin' iPhones in the video!!

My wife is going to buy the 32GB Black tomorrow morning. No lineups here in Eastern Canada :D

I bought a 16GB Black last year when they first came out in Canada and the lineup was only 6 people long just before the store opened LOL.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.