iPhone 3G Stopped Detecting WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by randyc, Jun 15, 2009.

1. macrumors member

I've had my phone for about 5 or 6 months now and suddenly a few days ago, right before I decide to sell it for a 3GS, it just completely stopped detecting wifi signals. I tried resetting the network settings and just tried a restore but it is still not working. So far I have only tried in my home but have 2 wifi routers in my home and one that my macbook detects from a neighbor and none are detected. Yes, they are broadcasting their SSID and yes, I have tried to put it in the phone manually. Nothing seems to work. I'm starting to think its a hardware problem?

Any help is appreciated.

2. macrumors newbie

same here, hardware problem.

there is a giant thread on apple discussion forum about this.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. Since its a hardware problem does that mean apple will replace it if I bring it to an apple store?

4. macrumors member

odd... mine stopped detecting WIFI today as well. Could anyone link me to the Apple Discussions Thread?

5. thread starter macrumors member

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1648395&tstart=0
    I think thats it.

I have a genius bar meeting scheduled for tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.

:EDIT:
    Took it to the genius bar today and Apple replaced my phone no questions asked.