iPhone 3G stuck on startup screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sherthang, Aug 3, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I didnt see this specific problem anywhere so sorry if is a repost.

My iPhone constantly (7/10 times) after restarting, or syncing, or downloading an app from the app store resets and the apple logo appears and it gets stuck there. The only way to get it working again is to force it into recovery mode and usually setup as a new phone as it gets stuck in restoring from backup with the problem.

Here is the biggest oddity: While the screen shows the apple logo, it seems as though the phone is actually functional! I receive the vibrations after I turn it on as I normally due, a scheduled alarm will go off, etc. I just cant access any of the screens.

When I connect to iTunes, the iPhone doesnt show up. BUT when i pull the plug, there it is, i see the iPhone with all of its settings. (But the phone is actually not connected) This screen disappears. And back to the apple logo on the phone.

Only way i find around this is a constant recovery mode restore with setup as a new phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. macrumors 68030

skubish

I would visit an Apple Genius and return it.

3. macrumors newbie

Stuck on apple logo but working and syncing

same problem
    Stuck on apple logo but working and syncing.
    This is the second time this has happened to me.

iPhone 3G 2.0.1
    Pwnage 2.0.2
    Mac MDD Dual G4 10.5.4
    iTunes 7.7.1 (11)

I have 200 apps from the app store and 2 apps from Cydia (ssh & appflow*) installed and it works fine until I reboot it then !@#$.

One time I get "unknown error 0xe8000035 cant conect" then after it conects and syncs I get "the device timed out"

any help would be great I hate to restore and reinstall all my apps when it's working but I cant see anything but the logo.

P.S. I miss my iPhone 2G with 1.1.4

*so I can see all of the apps

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 6502a

Opie

RESTORE and take to Genius