Iphone 3G wifi chip replacement???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by huhwhat?, Nov 18, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2010
    I have an iPhone 3G 8gig that I dropped in the pool. It comes on but the screen has a layer of dried chlorine on the inside making the screen really whitewashed. The battery life is also ruined. Everything else works fine, including the wifi.

I also have a 2nd gen iTouch 16gig that I dropped in water. It came out with the screen and battery in good shape. The only problem is the wifi doesn't work anymore.

Question: does anyone know where the "wifi chip" is in the 3G iphone so I could transfer it into the iTouch? I am quite tech savy, but it would help if someone could identify the correct component(s) for me with an explanation, pictures, etc. Thanks for your help.
  2. macrumors P6

Jan 24, 2010
    The WiFi chip is soldered and there is no way to replace it. And remember you cannot swap parts between and iPhone and an iPod Touch.
  3. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jan 17, 2010
    Evansville, In
    it is not possible. nothing is the same between iPod's or iPhones. you cant even switch them between the 3g and the 3gs.