Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMike360

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Hi,
Any help would be awesome. Here's what happened:

I bought a used iPhone 3G off a friend, it was working fine but still had a lot of personal information on it so I decided update and restore it. (They didn't tell me it was jailbroken) As I was updating and restoring it my MacBook Pro had a kernal panic and crashed. Since then I haven't been able to get past the "Connect to iTunes" screen. I can tell you that iTunes thinks the iPhone is up to date and is showing the new iTunes 10 icon.

I'm lost.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Hi,
Any help would be awesome. Here's what happened:

I bought a used iPhone 3G off a friend, it was working fine but still had a lot of personal information on it so I decided update and restore it. (They didn't tell me it was jailbroken) As I was updating and restoring it my MacBook Pro had a kernal panic and crashed. Since then I haven't been able to get past the "Connect to iTunes" screen. I can tell you that iTunes thinks the iPhone is up to date and is showing the new iTunes 10 icon.

I'm lost.

Was the phone unlock when you bought it? You might want to talk to your friend and find out few things;

1. Was it unlocked?
2. if so, does it has ipad baseband on it?

These info will give us information to guide you to the next step.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
You don't have a nice friend. When I sold my 3G to my co-worker, I explicitly told her not to update; it was JB.

FYI, even if you weren't JB/unlocked, posting useful info like your iOS version, computer OS, etc. are really helpful when asking for assistance. Thank you for at least telling us the make of your phone and computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.