Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hi there,
i am going to visit Seoul for 10 days this mid Month, i am using Iphone 4 with IOS 5.1.1, and all i need when i am there is Internet Connection, and i think i am going to get a Prepaid SIM Card. anda i have a few question for that

- Is there any Data Plan for Prepaid Sim Card?such as Unlimited Data or Limited Data? and how much will it cost.

- If i'm not buying SIM Card, can i buy a wifi plan?

- After I arrive at Incheon in the Morning, i will then catch a flight to Jeju in the afternoon from Kimpo, so can u suggest the nearest place where i can buy a prepaid Sim Card as i am not familiar with Seoul. i is my first time to Seoul for Holiday..

Thank You So Much>>

I believe you just need your passport to have just the data plan (I believe this is for ipad only but not entirely sure).

As for the wifi plan, you have to have a Korean ID or an immigration ID to have a wifi plan (passport won't work here). You will need to register your MAC address. It will cost about 8,800 won per month.

If you scroll up there is a link you can visit and find the nearest place the rate plans and such.

f1l4zz

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
want to use my overseas iphone in korea too

hai, thanks for your post.. its been three weeks since im in incheon and will be here until next may at least. studying language with d4 alien registration card. please advice the plan.. i am using iphone 3g, i think its unlocked coz i changed sim cards few times in different countries already. my school has wifi but once go out, i couldnt be reach.. so frustating if meeting somebody outside, have to find public phone.. any help will be very appreciated.. thank you so much. convenient but please not so expensive.. thanks again

hihihaha

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
Hi Chris!
Thanks for your useful instruction that I have succeeded to register my phone number. I wonder that once I get my ID (alien card) can I keep my number by continuing with the prepaid sim card (I have read that I have to change my number if I want to get a post paid sim card).
Thanks

anglisslim

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2013
I'm travelling to Korea one week on April, I'm using samsung s3 from starhub telco singapore. I would like to purchase prepaid sim card in korea. What I need to do? 1. Do I need to unlock my phone like iphone? 2. Do I need to register IMEI account with KT? If yes, please provide instruction. 3. To buy prepaid card for foreigner, do I need to show passport and credit card? 4. Is there any promotion on April? 5. I checked from KT expats website, there are 3 rate plans, the rate for feature phone and smartphone data is different. Does my samsung s3 consider feature phone or smart phone? 6. If I sign up prepaid data plus package for usage in 30 days, do I need to pay 5000krw for credit amount? The include data lets say 500MB that I sign up 11000krw will it override the feature phone data and smartphone data rate? Sorry for long thread, I try to tweet at @olleh_expats but limited characters is allowed. Can someone please help? Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.