iPhone 3GS "charging is not supported with this accessory"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJHouseArrest, Sep 1, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

so I did a road trip the other day and the truck we were in had a stereo with an AUX input for mp3 players so I stopped at radio shack and grabbed a cheap AUX audio cable to plug my iPhone into it and play tunes off the ipod.. ever since I plugged it in I get this "charging is not supported with this accessory".

1. I was never trying to charge it, just playing music from it.
    2. I've plugged several types of headphones into my phone all the time and never get this.
    3. I no longer have anything plugged into it.
    4. everything seems to be working fine, just get this dumb message on my lock screen and every once in a while a pop up while I'm trying to use the phone.

so now how do I get rid of this message and how do I prevent it from happening again.

2. macrumors 6502a

jca24

did you re-boot the phone?

3. macrumors 6502a

That won't fix it. Nothing will.

It's just how iDevices work and you'll have to either deal with it or buy something that isn't "cheap".

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I've tried the reboot and hard reset and it still pops up. someone on another site suggested jailbreaking the phone and downloading some app to remove notifications like that, but I don't want to jailbreak the phone. Any other suggestions??