Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
Windows only?

Windows only? Do I steal my gf's pc or do I wait for a more stable release from the dev team?

Is this a pwnage tool style jailbreak or quickpwn style?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C97d Safari/528.16)

marra2 said:
Damn ! I'm at work for another 5 hours but at least some of you will have tried it by then !

Yeah, I think I'd sit this one out anyway. Let someone else be the guinea pig. ;)

NerdTeks

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
Im still doing a few tests @ getting this to run. Atleast on Windows 7.

Just a tip. It WILL take several minutes if not 10+ to complete it seems.

I had to rerun the program a few times while having it plugged in and yes iTunes caughed up some error but It went away and then the Purplerain logo came on. Sadly my hpone was not charged enough and died. Im charging it now and diving back into it.

Ill keep a few updates coming.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
Im still doing a few tests @ getting this to run. Atleast on Windows 7.

Just a tip. It WILL take several minutes if not 10+ to complete it seems.

I had to rerun the program a few times while having it plugged in and yes iTunes caughed up some error but It went away and then the Purplerain logo came on. Sadly my hpone was not charged enough and died. Im charging it now and diving back into it.

Ill keep a few updates coming.

Rather you then me mate... Sounds a bit unpolished?

NerdTeks

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
Rather you then me mate... Sounds a bit unpolished?

Not to knock that very hard work and obvious great job to release such a tool, yes... It is a bit unpolished...

But that's what makes it all even more fun :)

monkey3200

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Don't wait on the Dev Team, they stated in there lasted blog post that they will wait til 3.1

and I just jailbroke my 3GS!!!!

Very simple takes 1 click on the computer, and one tap on the iPhone to get Cydia

Good luck all

rjackman

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Will this work if I run it in windows as my iphone was setup on my mac ?, Will i then be able to install theme apps ?

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Just for a laugh I tried it and it worked fine, not sure I will keep it as I don't need a jailbroken 3GS but was curious.

The only use I can see a JB phone for from experience is backgrounder and voipover3g.

No crashes or any bugs so far, cydia feels snappier too compared to my old 3G.

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
Try unplugging then plugging back in (don't close the app). That seemed to trigger it for me on a Windows 7 machine I tried it on.

I'm using Windows XP, installing the latest iTunes (I haven't used this laptop in a while ;))

Should I have iTunes open or nah?

Spidesol

macrumors member
May 26, 2009
Dallas, TX
here is a pic to prove it worked if anyone needs anymore proof let me know and i will take more pics, i was running 3.1 beta but i downgraded to 3.0 but my baseband is still 05.08.01

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I just tried running the hack on an XP machine and it crashes the second I click "make it rain," so I guess I'll wait for a Mac version *sigh*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.