iPhone 3GS Logic Board Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loganjb25, Feb 17, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hi everyone, I have an iPhone 3gs 8gb, and the screen and back housing is all screwed and need replacing, but I see on the logic board, right next to the cable 7 connection, a chunk of the logic board is gone, will this affect the iPhone, like what will I lose if I get the iPhone fixed? Is it the arial there? Please help, and thanks in advance, I will give you as much detail as you want..
    Best regards
    Logan

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 65816

MultiFinder17

There is a small metal guy that touches the metal ring around the screen - I have seen that break off these logic boards before, and it normally results in an extreme loss of signal. I'm honestly not sure what effects that entire section of the logic board would have, but I'm sure that it would be nothing good.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors 6502

is it worth the bother for a 3gs/8?

i picked up a 3gs/32 in mint condition for £80

4. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that, when you say an extreme loss off signal, like can you pick it up in areas with high reception? Also btw it restores to ios 6.1 with no errors

----------

Nice bargain!

5. macrumors 68040

Thats a bargain? I got mine for $70 last year.

6. macrumors 65816

MultiFinder17

7. thread starter macrumors member

8. macrumors Core

alphaod

Reception would cover just about everything from voice calling, SMS, MMS, data use.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Okay thanks, so there is a good chance that it wont work like before, and it will have badish recption picking up?

10. macrumors 6502

i thought it was good value too, and a few weeks later i got another 3gs/32 for £80 so my parents have matching phones lol

11. thread starter macrumors member

Bump, also so can someone help me get this straight, the little metal tab, that runs off the logic board, and touches the bezel, does that help it with reception? Is there a way I could solder a wire to the board in the right place and run it to the bezel?

Thanks

12. thread starter macrumors member