iphone 3gs losing wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by riveting, Mar 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Mar 11, 2009

My iphone 3gs just keep losing wifi recently. What I mean is that when it is connected to wifi and I am using it, everything works fine. When I put it aside for some time and come back to unlock the screen, some time the wifi is not there. And I have to go back to setting, wifi to reconnect it, it is the working fine.

I encountered this issue many times. It is just so annoying it does not connect to wifi automatically. Which means I could lose imessage coming etc. (it currently does not have data). I couldn't find any setting to auomatically remember a network, only the option to forget the network.

Any help
  2. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Its suppose to connect automaticly when in range but when the phone sceen goes to sleep the wifi connection drops. So if someone sends you any imessages you still wont receive them unless you're using the iphone so the screen is turned on.
    Is it dropping wifi with a certain wifi router connection or with all wifi's you even tried to connect?
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 11, 2009

It is certain Wifi, which is the secured wireless network in my University Campus, and I use it everyday. My home wifi does not have this problem. However, my wifi's iphone 4 automatically connects fine with the same network, so does my android phone.