Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamseese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Ive had my iphone 3gs since about late July and recently it has been randomly going black and nothing i do, whether it be hit the unlock button or the home button, will get it to respond. I have to reset the iphone by holding the home and unlock button and Im afraid that its damaging my phone. Ive already had to restore my phone once and don't want to do it again, do you think I should take it in to Apple store to get it checked out or try and get a new one?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Ive had my iphone 3gs since about late July and recently it has been randomly going black and nothing i do, whether it be hit the unlock button or the home button, will get it to respond. I have to reset the iphone by holding the home and unlock button and Im afraid that its damaging my phone. Ive already had to restore my phone once and don't want to do it again, do you think I should take it in to Apple store to get it checked out or try and get a new one?

I'm not sure why you would just buy a new phone when you can get yours repaired, but yes, a visit to the Apple store should work it out.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
If it is still covered by Apple via AppleCare or another insurance, I would have it replaced or repaired. Restoring it most likely won't fix this issue.

If its not covered then you could do one of a few things.
1. Go get a new phone from Apple.
2. Suck it up until the next version of the iPhone comes out.
3. Go buy a cheap replacement and use it until the next iPhone comes out.
4. Cry.
5. Switch to Verizon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.