iPhone 3GS - Slow camera

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fast/Furious, Aug 4, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

Hey guys,

Already looked this problem up on the forums but couldn't find a real fix.. My iPhone 3GS camera opens up really slow. I hit the 'Camera' icon and I'm faced with the "closed shutter" image for 5-10 seconds. Is this normal? I remember when my phone was new it took less than 2 seconds to start up.

I've tried turning the phone off and on and then I tried updating to the latest 4.0.1 firmware. Still very slow ): I also turned off Location Services for the Camera and it did speed up a bit but it's still a lot slower than my friend's iPhone 3GS.

It's really annoying especially when I see something really cool and I have to wait 10 seconds for the camera to start.. the "something" is long gone by the time I'm ready to take the shot.

Could it be because I have lots of pictures (about 200) in the Camera Roll and 300+ in my Photo Library?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

2. macrumors regular

GooMan

I have the same issue and it drives me crazy. I've wondered about the high number of photos being something that causes this as well. Drives me nuts!