Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hey guys,

I activated my iPhone 4 in the store this morning, however, I'm yet to get service. I've switched it to Airplane mode, and back, multiple times.

I activated roughly 3 hours ago.

Anyone else experiencing this?

whateverandever

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
You may need to give AT&T a call and have them activate it.

I purchased mine this morning with no-commitment pricing and had to call AT&T with my SIM number / IMEI number.

yelkceb

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
Do you still have your old phone on? Mine wouldn't activate until I turned them both off and then the new one on

fluffykittunzzz

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Had this same problem on both of the phones I just picked up at the Apple store.

A simple reboot fixed it however :D

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
I activated mine instore, but had "No service" until I restored from my original iPhone's backup when I got home. I don't know if that's related or coincidental.

iDabble

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I activated mine instore, but had "No service" until I restored from my original iPhone's backup when I got home. I don't know if that's related or coincidental.

Same thing for me. I drove home thinking the whole way "man the reception issues are worse than i realized" but once i got it synced up all was good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.