Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
No it doesn't mean that, people already tried to explain to you sveral times:

Install tetherme/Mywi or PDANet on your IPHONE, it will allow you to couple your Data connection on your IPHONE to the WIFI on your IPHONE, it will create a hotspot with your WIFI on your IPHONE.

Now you can connect your iPad to the wifi hotspot that your IPHONE is broadcasting and be able to use data from your IPHONE over the WIFI connection.

The USB stuff is revering to the otherway around, using your IPAD 3G/4G to create as an go-between to your laptop with either USB or Bluetooth

MYWI and PDANet can do that. it gives you some options

Just install it.

rickp1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
No it doesn't mean that, people already tried to explain to you sveral times:

Install tetherme/Mywi or PDANet on your IPHONE, it will allow you to couple your Data connection on your IPHONE to the WIFI on your IPHONE, it will create a hotspot with your WIFI on your IPHONE.

Now you can connect your iPad to the wifi hotspot that your IPHONE is broadcasting and be able to use data from your IPHONE over the WIFI connection.

The USB stuff is revering to the otherway around, using your IPAD 3G/4G to create as an go-between to your laptop with either USB or Bluetooth

MYWI and PDANet can do that. it gives you some options

Just install it.

Ok. thanks. I'm sure this is really elementary to some of you guys, so I really appreciate the patience.

rickp1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Well I'm all done and it worked like a charm.

After the install and the $4.99 payment i confirmed the install in my iphone's settings and sure enough there it was.

So i walked over to my WiFi router and turned it off then confirmed in my ipad that i wasn't able to connect to the internet. Then i turned the tetherme service on in my iphone. Right after i grabbed my ipad and in the network settings waited for the iphone to enumerate (show up). I would say within a minute or so it showed up. Closed the settings and I opened a browser window and opened a website I know would not be in the ipad's history or memory. Sure enougth WALA, it opened.

Again, i want to that everyone that took the time to help me out with this, it was really appreciated.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Hey Rick I am also new to this but I am thinking that you connect your ipad to your Iphone via wifi so no cable required. You are setting your iphone up as a personal hotspot so you can connect other wifi devices to the iphone so you can get internet on those devices

Another question came up when I read some info on tetherme. i did a search on Cydia for Tetherme and it found it, so i clicked on it to read its info so on and so forth.

At the beginning it says that not compatible with 1st Gen iPhone and that the WiFi Personal Hotspot is only enabled for iPhone 4 at this time. No issues so far. The next part I believe is however. It states that Bluetooth does not currently work on the iPad2 (only USB)

So does that mean that the only way I'll be able to use Tetherme from my iPhone to my iPad is to get a connector and use a cable between both devices? If so what's the name of the connector?

Yeah, I had no problems connecting my iPad to my iPhone via WiFi, you won't need to do it with bluetooth to with a cable, just use WiFi.

rickp1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
I came across a comment that said something to the fact the one can jailbreak an Apple TV? is that right?? Can that be done? IF so what does one get out of it? What's the advantage?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I came across a comment that said something to the fact the one can jailbreak an Apple TV? is that right?? Can that be done? IF so what does one get out of it? What's the advantage?

I think threw is info in the Apple TV and Home Theater forum here. I never felt like trying it with my Apple TV, and now I have the new one which can't be jail broke, only the Apple TV 2 can be.

I think the biggest advantage is installing XBMC on it, but it sounds like for some people there are some nice extras you can do with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.