iPhone 4 battery drains too fast.?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ponchobot, May 22, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Apr 11, 2011
    I've just had this iphone 4 for about 3 days now and i'm experiencing my iphone 4 battery draining down to 75% in about 3 hours with medium 3G usage, not really much, just checking prices online and my phone is incredibly hot to the touch compared to others iphone 4's. I don't have but 2 mail accounts with data set to every 15 minutes, and i do have push, 3g, cellular data, wifi, and location services enabled but that shouldn't affect my battery life tremendously. i am jailbroken with ColorKeyboard, folderenhanser, lockinfo, springtomize, winterboard (no themes activated though), bitesms, and i have the weather for lockinfo which refreshes every 15 minutes as well. I have done a full restore after i realized a backup of my 3G might be affecting it, and i set it up as a new one, and i have this same problem. But i have never experienced my iPhone 4 without being jailbroke, as i literally jailbroke it the second i got it. i'm on iOS 4.3.3

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
  2. macrumors newbie

May 23, 2011
    I had similar problem but it was caused by my push email setting (although my phone is not jailbroken); was about to return my phone and found this troubleshooting guide. Turned my push mail to off, rebooted my phone and the problem was better after that.

Turned back push mail later and it was ok. It has probably something to do with the 3G network.