iPhone 4 battery: is mine defective?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 007bond, Aug 19, 2010.

1. 007bond
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

007bond

I just got my iPhone 4 on Tuesday. I thought the battery life was ok, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. Just look at the image. BTW, my 3g got a couple more hours of usage. Whats going on?:confused:I watched one 5min youtube video, texted and checked my email a couple of times. Brightness at 50%.

Attached Files:

2. ideal.dreams
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

ideal.dreams

You may have a bad battery. I have brightness at 100%, constantly play games, text, and browse the web. I have never seen my battery go past 50% since I've had it.

3. TheBritishBloke
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

If you have 'Push' turned on any emails etc.. There's your problem.

4. 007bond
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have gmail, so it's fetch every 30 min

5. chargit
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

chargit

that is not that bad. you are probably a little low but them youtube videos will suck the juice but I dont think you have a problem. no standby for over 8 hours and being used for over 3 hours isnt that bad.

6. aznpride
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

7. Galarina
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Galarina

I also have a 3G and a 4. The battery life of my iPhone 4 is significantly better compared to my 3G.

8. michaelfields
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

did you set it up as new or restore it from an old backup?

it seems like that makes it much better.

9. 007bond
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

Restored from old backup. I can't restore as new because of important app data.

10. jasonbyrne
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

same battery problem

Im having a nightmare with my battery as well and not getting much more the 5 hours life at the best of times.

Iphone 4 on ios 4.0.2 - brightness at 50% , push notification off, as well as resetting my wifi setting and the battery is draining, some times in less then 3 hours in standby mode. the unit can also get pretty hot.

11. anonymouz1828
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I got the phone on 8/18. I have the phone set up as new and no app yet. Brightness zero & auto off, email push off, no multitask, and edge only.

On standby, I m losing about 1% every 2 hours. Tonight, I will put in airplane mode to check the status again - I m more hype with jailbreak on my 3G right now hehe.

I will wait till battery dies and calibrates. Then i will go 3g, wifi, and increase usage to check status .. i wont post any update here.