iPhone 4 GSM or CDMA prepaid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luischav3z, Oct 8, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

What are my options for prepaid service if I get a used at&t locked iPhone? Or Verizon?

For at&t-
    H2O

for Verizon-
    PagePlus

are there any more than these?
    thanks

2. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

Are you referring to the newest iPhone 4S or the previous iPhone 4?

If it's locked, how do you plan on unlocking it?

H2O looks legitimate but PagePlus looks sort of shady. I'd also be interested in knowing how they unlock phones that are tied to Verizon's network. I also found nothing stating that PagePlus would allow you to use an iPhone. Could you share how you know this?

At this point, I know of no CDMA carrier that allows you to use an iPhone on it.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

The old iPhone 4.

I'm not planning on unlocking it. Apparently some people from howardforums claim they use it with PagePlus as it is an MVNO that uses Verizon's spectrum. So no need to unlock to use H2O or PagePlus.

4. macrumors regular

ATT prepaid is actually cheaper than H20 for unlimited everything.

Does the new 4S work on ATT prepaid?

I am thinking buying the unlock 4S in november and use the ATT prepaid...still lot cheaper than the stock plan

5. luischav3z, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking of getting it unlocked on Nov too it really seems too pricey the 16gb for around $700. So I might get a 4 for around $300 bucks.
    ATT prepaid is $50 for unlimited everything but it doesn't work with the iPhone am I wrong?

6. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

I pay $25 a month now with Virgin Mobile with an android phone. $50 is my upper limit so if it remains at $50, it might be an option. Although, I'm still hoping that VM will eventually carry it since they are owned by Sprint. If there is no reasonable prepaid iPhone plan by the end of November, I'll probably just get an iPad.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the $25 a month too with an LG Optimus. I just got an iPhone 4 16gb for $275 :)

8. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

I see on Virgin's website that they have lowered the prices of both the LG Optimus and the Samsung Intercept. Perhaps that means a November launch of the iPhone on VM?

9. macrumors regular

ATT prepaid $50 unlimited everything work with unlocked iPhone 4?

Yes / No / Maybe

Anyone have an answer?

10. macrumors 68020

shanmugam

Yes, it will work with ATT.

but OP question he want to use with different providers.

11. macrumors regular

Thanks shanmugam

I use an unlocked 3 w/iOS3 w/ prepaid ATT phone only & wi-fi. Have not added 3G data as did not know for sure it would work.