iPhone 4 in Rockaway, NJ, USA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Ramphex, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Ramphex

Will be at the Rockaway, NJ, USA Apple store on June 24th to pick up the :apple: iPhone 4 :D

Will probably be wearing a white shirt with numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 (inside joke, those who know will know, those who don't, sucks for them or google it lol) with blue shorts.

2. macrumors 6502a

saccento

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors newbie

Pre-Order

Are you guys gonna pre-order or reserve? or are you just gonna try n get in early? will the people who preordered have priority over the line sitters??

5. macrumors 6502

I'm definitely gonna pre-order/reserve mine. If its anything like what the iPad launch was, there are gonna be two lines: one for pre-orders/reserves, and one for the rest. The pre-orders went in first, then the rest of the people. Your reserve actually holds specific units, so as long as you pre-order before their initial shipment runs out, you'll get one on launch day.

...but don't take mine =P

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ramphex

Yup, that's more than likely how it's going to go. I'm going to reserve mine on the 15th once it starts so that way when I get there I know for a fact I'll be getting my phone. Apple store usually has a really good stock of them anyway so I don't think they'll run out on the launch date, it's just the matter of standing in the line. Even though when I stood in the line for 3G I managed to sell my friend's spot that was there just hanging out with me for $80

to make it more interesting I added to the original post what I'll more than likely be wearing

7. macrumors 6502

You know, I've never seen an episode of that show in my life, yet for some odd reason I know what its from haha.

If we're gonna do that, I'll be wearing one of my many Apple shirts and khaki shorts.

8. macrumors newbie

Don't you worry about that buddy... I live in cleveland.. Nobody's posting there tho haha.. Thanks a lot for the info. That's exactly what i was looking for

9. macrumors 6502

Haha not a problem, man. I'm surprised there's not a bigger group in a big city like that.

I just realized about selling your friends spot in line. I never even thought to do that, my cousin went with me for the 3G and it never crossed my mind. Perhaps I'll bring him along for the 4 and see what I can get haha.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ramphex

yeah, the first guy in line that day sold his spot in the line for 200 bucks so basically he got a free phone out of it, that **** made news and everything, it was at the Lehigh Valley (whitehall) mall's apple store, good time.

11. macrumors 6502

does the apple store give out anything when we wait on line?

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ramphex

13. macrumors 6502a

saccento

I'll be pre ordering it, and picking it up on release date. Nothing worse than waiting around for the UPS/Fedex guy all day.

14. macrumors 6502

15. macrumors 6502

16. macrumors 6502

For the iPad they gave out bottled water haha that's about it. They also video taped all of us and jumped up and down, screamed, ran all over the place. It was really fun...and woke me up since I had been up since 4am haha.

You wish haha.

What time do you plan on getting there on the 24th?

That's why I'm going to the Apple Store. I know I won't get the phone delivered until the afternoon so I'd rather have it in the morning, then go into work and show it off =]

17. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ramphex

Depending on what time the store opens, probably about 1-2 hours in advance or so.

and at whitehall, pa apple store, starbucks walked around and gave out water since it was a hot day and everyone was waiting outside in a line.

18. macrumors 6502

I'm glad the Apple Store here is inside the mall, nice cool AC for me =]

19. macrumors 6502

coolant113

i will most likely be going to rockaway as well. do they open the inside of the mall extra early before the stores open so we can get in. Or do we have to wait outside a mall enterance?:apple::apple:

20. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ramphex

they'll open the mall and let us make a line inside

21. macrumors 6502

It's nice cause you have all the mall walkers who go in there really early, so they tend to open the mall very early, hours before any of the stores open.

22. macrumors newbie

23. macrumors 6502a

saccento

24. macrumors newbie

Will they be able to preoder? I mean the unlocked ones from at&t

25. macrumors 6502

From AT&T I don't see why not since on their website you can order phones at 2-year, 1-year, and no-commitment pricing. Apple's site, on the other hand, I highly doubt you will be able to.