iPhone 4 Meetup at Pioneer Square (Portland, Oregon)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by brett.fish, Jun 15, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey a couple of my buddies from work and I will be lining up at the Pioneer Square Apple Store here in Portland, Oregon. Let us know if you'll be there too!

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors member

Pioneer Square

Yep, Pioneer Square (I didn't preorder, dangit). What time do they open?

4. macrumors newbie

I think you mean the Apple store at Pioneer Place. I will be getting my iPhone 4 there as well (hopefully). I have a reservation set up at the Apple store but I'm sure things will still be crazy. The store opens at 7:00 on June 24th. I plan on getting there before they open.

5. macrumors member

You're right, Pioneer *Place*. has anybody heard of allocation numbers fr stores yet?

6. macrumors newbie

I'll be there a few hours early.
    Anyone know the most likely place for the line to start outside the mall?

7. macrumors newbie

I'll def be there early a well :)

Last year the store arranged to have one of the mall entrances open by 530 so that we could start the line right at the store entrance; not sure which door it will be, but I'm hoping they'll make the same arrangement this time around.

8. macrumors 603

9. macrumors member

I'll be there :)

Starbucks opens at 6am, so at least that door will be open by then.

10. macrumors newbie

Count me in. Anyone want to camp out overnight?

11. macrumors member

No Preorder, No Joy?

I was planning to line up at Pioneer Place, but...if I didn't preorder, should I even bother?

12. macrumors regular

You should still go if you want it on the 24th.
    There will be two sep lines...one for reservations and one for non-reserves.

13. macrumors member

Cool, I'm there.

14. macrumors member

I thought the 24th was for pre-order pickups only, and any others needed to wait until the 25th... no?

15. macrumors member

No.

16. macrumors 6502

anyone plan on buying the iphone from the AT&T store across the street?

17. macrumors member

I'm not sure where I heard that. hmmm..

18. macrumors newbie

Mall Opening Early, Phone Confirmation

I just spoke to the mall and they said that the entrance on 4th and Morrison is opening at 7AM on Thursday for Apple customers. Normally they don't open until 10AM. Anyone planning on showing up EARLIER than 7AM? I think 7 is plenty early, so who will I be seeing there?

19. macrumors member

Alternative: Radio Shack

I just called two Radio Shacks in town (both on the east side), and they both confirmed they'd have a "decent" supply of iPhone 4's for sale for walk-in, and would start selling them at "11 or 12". Both also confirmed the trade-in: $99 on a 3G, $199 on a 3GS.

20. macrumors member

I can tell you that door (and the one at 5th/yamhill - and believe the other 2 corners of that building) are open before 7am on a regular basis - I've often cut thru that building after getting off the bus is in the morning and stopping for coffee at sbux at the 4th/Morrison entry - which opens at 6am. So unless the mall person you spoke to is talking about the eastern building (can never remember which is rotunda and which is atrium), they obviously are not the one that is around early in the morning unlocking doors on the western building.

21. macrumors member

How early?

I was planning on being there pretty early so that I could get in, pick up the 2 we have reserved for my wife and I and hopefully be out of there by 8. I guess it sort of matters how many folks are there at the butt crack of dawn.

How early are you folks planning on arriving? I was thinking 5 or 6. I don't plan on being first in line or even 10th for that matter, but would like to beat the rush.

22. macrumors member

It certainly would be nice to roll up there at 7, but I would expect a fairly long line by then. Have they done an early morning launch like this before? I've only been at launch for one, which was 5pm the first year. Early morning should keep some folks away. Maybe we'll just need to wait and see how many from the forum plan on being earlier...I don't know if that is a good gauge of what the non- macrumors folks will do though.

23. macrumors newbie

Let's say the line starts outside the mall entrance and people are all waiting to get inside. As soon as it hit's 6am and the doors to the mall open up, who will make sure whoever ever was first in line outside the mall will be the first in line inside the mall. That's one thing I'm worried about. :confused:

24. macrumors member

for the 3G, I went in about an hour before the store opened, and there was a line of probably 50ish people. By 7a, there was probably 4 or 5 times that. that year they didn't do a pre-order, it wasn't at BB, walmart, radio shack - only Apple and ATT, so all of those might spread out the lines elsewhere too.

EDIT: also, pretty sure I was still able to get to work by 8am too

25. macrumors newbie

Line starts at 5am at Bridgeport Village

Do you know which Apple Store is the best to get in line in Portland? In Bridgeport Village the security won't allow to form a line before 5 am. I wonder how many people will be there at 5. Imagine you sit in your car all night to be one of the first in line and then at 5 all of a sudden a horde of people will gather and it won't matter how long you've waited. That's why I won't be going to Bridgeport Village.