iphone 4 no MMS or cellular data settings?? help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vincentliu89, Oct 18, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Ok so I just updated my iphone 4 4.0.2 to 4.1 with tinyumbrella backing up my shsh. Once i updated it, I jailbroken it with limera1n, unlocked it with ultrasn0w.

Now the problem is, I go to settings > general > network > and i see cellular data on/off, but I dont see the cellular data edit the settings option I normally would be able to see(like entering apn and stuff), I also dont have the MMS bubble on text messages. How come? Help? (I'm using tmobile btw)

2. macrumors G5

jav6454

Well for MMS you have to manually set the correct server names into the MMS field. Also, be sure to have MMS enabled in the settings.

Also, the name for editing cellular data servers, it's APN settings.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

as you can see below, i dont have the option to edit my apn, how to fix this? I tried restoring it, it didnt fix the problem.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

What happens when you select the "VPN - Not Connected" field? Looks like it's set to move you over to an editing screen.

5. macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

You need to go to Cydia and add this source: cydia.xsellize.com

Then download: Supreme prefs 4.0 open winterboard and enable it.

Then go to settings, and enable cellular data editing, then the tab will be there.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

that just gives me the option to configure vpn, the cellular apn settings

7. macrumors 6502a

i had this problem too. its because your iPhone is using the AT&T US carrier.plist, which has APN editing disabled.

To fix, go to the Carrier Bundles folder on your iphone through SSH (i beleive its someething like /User/Library/Carrier Bundles), you will se folders for lots of carriers, go to the "Uknown" folder, copy the carrier.plist file in that folder and paste it into the "AT&T_US" folder (it will ask if you want to over write the carrier.plist that already exists in AT&T_US, say yes). then restart the iphone and problem solved.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

swoosh0217

There was no supreme pref 4.0, there was 3.0

melterx12

i did what u said and nothing happened

ahh i dont know what to do.

9. macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

Dont panic. You can download the 3.0. It should be fine.

10. macrumors 6502

Hi

I am also having this problem. I have enabled supreme pref 3.0 in winterboard but still cannot see any apn settings. As for the carrier.plist file, in the folder carrier bundle there is no other folders but only 4 files including the carrier.plist file.

to melterx12 : Could you please let me have your plist file.

Thanks

11. macrumors newbie

Have you tried unlockit.co.nz

Granted it won't get your APN edit back but you can at least modify your APN settings pretty easy.

When I got my unlocked iPhone 4 I had to do this in order to get my data working again. Just as long as you have some type of internet access such as wifi then your set.

12. macrumors 6502

tried unlockit.co.nz from my iphone. installed and set previously working apn but still no luck.

Edit : just rebooted the phone and now data works. Thanks

13. macrumors newbie