iPhone 4 not discovering bluetooth devices

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mrjayd, Jun 23, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

The little wheel just sits there and spins and won't find any of my devices. Anyone else having the same issue?

2. macrumors newbie

Bluetooth

Yes! Im having the exact same issue as I type! Frustrating! I have reset the IPhone, turned it off, upgraded the software and re-read the Jawbone instructions. Nothing! Somebody help us!!!

3. macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem? You guys fixed this yet?

4. macrumors 68040

maturola

What devices? I don't think the iPhone stack support anything but BT headsets (I think keyboard support is on the stack but it is disable on the iPhone).

5. macrumors newbie

It's working now

Hey there I was having the same issue, I would access the settings>general>bluetooth then turn on and wheel would spin. Just spin, then a few seconds, would automatically switch its self back <off> without discovering anything... and yes my headset was in pairing mode while wheel was spinning.
    I was able to connect to my jawbone after I went to settings>general>network and disabled EVERYTHING (3G, Cellular Data, Data roaming, VPN, and Wi-Fi) and left airplane mode off. I then went back to the bluetooth and turned it on, set my jawbone for pairing mode and huzzah, it was able to discover the headset. I input the password and made a call with it after putting the network setting back to normal, and it worked. :D

the Rundown:
    Settings > General > Network (Disable everything but leave airplane mode off)
    Settings > General > Bluetooth (on -> wheel spins -> happy time)

Once again this worked for me and my headset, perhaps not all network settings had to be off or any combination in between, but hey desperate times calls for desperate actions.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers!

6. macrumors member

iOS 4 enabled BT keyboard support.