iPhone 4 - Photo Number Reset?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dmk1974, Jun 29, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I already had >100 photos/videos on my iPhone 4 so I cut and pasted them into a folder on my PC. I then took more photos intending to add them to that same folder, but I see that the numbering started over at IMG_0001.

On my previous phones the numbering just kept counting (unless I did a complete restore, but that's not the case with the new iPhone 4. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Thanks!

2. thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Well, I think this is more of an iOS4 issue rather than a iPhone 4 issue. I asked my buddy to test this on his 3GS which has iOS4 and he encountered the same issue as I had on my iPhone 4.

The only way we were able to "trick" it into keeping the numbering from resetting was to leave at least one photo on the iPhone. I think this sucks and hopefully Apple will fix this. Never had this problem on any previous rev of software.

4. macrumors newbie

Help

Have you found something to fix it? !!!!

5. macrumors newbie

Resetting of photo numbers

This is happening to me too (iphone 4).

It totally messes up the way I organize photos because now everytime I copy from my phone to my drive it says, "photo already exists" or similar.

This better get fixed soon as it's a nightmare.

6. macrumors newbie

iPhones - Photo Number Reset

It will not allow manual resets or custom numbering as long as Apple treats the iPhone as a toy. It will be nice when it does allow these features because it's such nuisance for the time being.