iPhone 4 Power, Wake / Sleep Button Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FriDay85, Feb 22, 2012.

1. macrumors member

My iPhone Power, Wake / Sleep Button has recently become unresponsive. Having to push really hard to make it work. Today it seems completely dead.

I took it to the Apple Store for them to look at. As it is out of warranty it will cost £119 to replace. I need to think about this before i replace it.

The genius told me about AssistiveTouch and how i could use that to lock the screen.

My only concern is if the iPhone crashes / freezes, the battery runs out, i won't be able to restart it by holding down the power / home button.

Is there away to restart the iPhone if it freezes without pressing the power button?

The genius mentioned that if the battery died and i connected it to power via the usb cable and it would work.

If it froze would connecting it to the power restart it?

Thanks.

2. macrumors newbie

I'm Going to bump this as I am in the exact same position! Really unsure what to do so any help much appreciated!

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors newbie

Plug phone cable in (powered), press and hold button until voice control is activated, release, unplug. Job done.