iPhone 4 Sleep Button Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Koolg223, Sep 5, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I've owned my iPhone 4 for a couple of months now and up until a week ago, my sleep button has worked perfectly and has only been a tiny bit loose (no rattle or anything, I can move it back and forth slightly if I use my fingernails). Recently I've started to notice that when I leave my iPhone for a minute or two, then press the sleep button, it depresses first then actually clicks. After I use the button once, the problem goes away until I leave it for a minute or two again. It's as if the button and the microswitch are separating. The issues keeps going away for a day or two, then coming back. My theory is that it may be caused by dust getting between the button and the microswitch below it. I just recently was able to blow the button out with canned air, and I'm hoping that will fix it for good, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix? If it is a problem with the button, it will be difficult to replicate, so I doubt I'll get much from Apple.

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

bump

3. macrumors regular

take to apple store for a swap.
    mine is perfect

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Helpful advice guys... thanks a ton.