Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
The speaker on the iphone 4 just stopped it working was listening to music through the speaker then all of a sudden it just stopped playing i can listen to it with headphones but not the speaker. I also can't hear the ringer also and only feel it vibrate.. what is the problem exactly?

ebduda

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Same problem here.

The speaker on the iphone 4 just stopped it working was listening to music through the speaker then all of a sudden it just stopped playing i can listen to it with headphones but not the speaker. I also can't hear the ringer also and only feel it vibrate.. what is the problem exactly?

Looking at this board it looks like this is a common problem.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
did you try quitting some of the apps you have on background? I find that when I use multitasking on some certain apps and then suddenly I'm not able to use my ringer, it's increasing the sound volumes but not the ringer and quitting some of the apps in background will take the ringer feature back on. :rolleyes:

ebduda

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
did you try quitting some of the apps you have on background? I find that when I use multitasking on some certain apps and then suddenly I'm not able to use my ringer, it's increasing the sound volumes but not the ringer and quitting some of the apps in background will take the ringer feature back on. :rolleyes:

I was reading where the Pandora app and a few others may be causing the problem. Guess what this is one of the three apps I installed. Deinstalled it but still have problem. Apple support now wants me to re sync phone with I-tunes. Will try that when I get home from work.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I was reading where the Pandora app and a few others may be causing the problem. Guess what this is one of the three apps I installed. Deinstalled it but still have problem. Apple support now wants me to re sync phone with I-tunes. Will try that when I get home from work.

You probably don't need to uninstall the apps, just quit them all, and not just radio or music apps, quit all apps running in background and see what happens.

ebduda

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
You probably don't need to uninstall the apps, just quit them all, and not just radio or music apps, quit all apps running in background and see what happens.

Nothing is running as far as I can see. I did the system reset by holding the power button and back button down. Didn't fix problem.

Hamsom

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009
you could try calling somebody (like yourself) and switch on loudspeaker immediately. worked for me, but only temporarily. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.